Colour 550 Winkles on 90gsm matte paper

Gianni_S

Hi all,
I hope you could give me a hand to solve a problem:
In our shop we run a Xerox Colour 550 with external Fiery RIP. Now I have to print some 24x45cm 90gsm matte paper sheets.
I have some serious problem about wrinkles on this paper, the tech service is going back and forth from us without solving.
Someone had the same problem? How you fixed it?
Speaking with the Xerox's tech guy he said "it's paper problem". I'm not convinced so I've tested others papers from out stock. Everything under 120gsm makes some wrinkles... so the problem should be in the machine.
Any hint or tip is appreciated.

Thanks to all!!!

Gianni_S

Hi,
i have the same problem but up to 135g matte or gloss. Tech says its a paper problem but i printed thousands of sheets of this paper in the last 6 months without problem. Did you solved the problem? I have already changed the fixing unit but the problem still exist.
Thanks!
Laertes

In my experience it's one of three things .
1. The fuser unit needs replacing or rebuilding.
2. The paper is the wrong grain direction.( you can't rely on the paper merchant sending paper in the correct grain in the first place. Needs checking)
3 . The second BTR needs replacing. It might look ok , but might not be working properly.
The regi unit can cause problems too, but is last resort.

We have had very similar problems on our 700. 2nd BTR was the cause. Been through 3 of these in the past 6 months, each time a new 2nd BTR fixes the problem for a few weeks. Tech syas it's because we use lots of uncoated paper.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back