Densieye 700 for digital printing estimation

Enri_Printer

Hello ,
I'm working in a project that involves digital printer in industrial usage.
One of the first target that I like to reach is to estimate printing quality (considering different inks and supports) using proper device as densitometers . I need to know if haltones are printed correctly. To verify it I tried to use X-rite Densieye 700 device in any mode (dot area , dot gain ..) obtaining results not expected :
i printed 50 % halftone percentage referred solid , but device measures normally 70 - 75 % .
Also measuring absolute density and calculating percentage with Murray formula I obtain same dot area measurement.
Note :
-densieye is well calibrated (using its proper card)
-I got from another company (which uses cromalin printing controlled halftones ) a sample of printed greyscales with already measured percentages. I verified those percentages using my Densieye obtaing same strange measurement completely different the expected ones.

So I like some suggestions please to understand if :
- I'm using densieye instrument not in a proper way ?
- Densieye is not right instrument to check digital printing quality (correct grey scale printing) ? If not what could be the right one or right procedure ?
- something else

Thanks a lot for any help

By

Enrico

I'm not familiar with this densitometer, you need a spectrophotometer to measure tints printed digitally, as there isn't the same screen as with Litho! We use i1 - x-rite

Thanks Davec for replay.
I really suppose that device I'm using is not proper one..I'm trying to estimate digital printing quality using only densitometry measurements feedback from support.
Spectrophotometer is probably solution of my problem
I believed that density measurement of digital printed halftones was enough to have an idea about printing quality.
Thanks again.
Best regards

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back