Docu Color 700 Alignment Issues

CanarcticPress

I have used the alignment adjustments on the printer, had the tech come do his alignment which was in spec, and I will also do the align tray (from my fiery) But nothing seems to work It is bouncing around like crazy!

Printer was moved into a different spot and after that everything seemed to go down hill!

Is there any thing that I as a user can do? Thanks for your help!

Our 700 was bouncing all over the place, showed up first on heavy stocks then eventually on all stocks - turned out it had chewed the registration tray's drive gears. Have heard of this happening to someone else too so might be worth getting the tech to look. Part was replaced and is a lot better. When it was wrecked I found giving it a wee tap and reseating the fuser drawer would sometimes get the light stocks to stop wandering for a few hundred sheets.

If you have the OHCF installed then parcel strap it to the machine so it can't move, that helps a bit with stability.
Did your tech show you how to mechnically adjust the skew on the 700? Sometimes there's a sweet spot to be found.

I would not use Fiery tray alignment if at all possible.

If you're getting movement up and down the sheet then you may wanna try messing around with regi-loop settings in the custom paper dialog.

Concrete< i had checked the floor to make sure it was level, I have used the skew adjustment, but its juts not helping once tis set the next time I run paper it bounces all over the place. But i will reseat my fuser draw and will mention to the techs about the drive gears! Thank you soo much!

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back