Error 58 OLP

adragfa

Help,

I have random communication problem from an Avantra 44S connected to an Agfaline OLP.

4 or 5 times a day is loosing the communication with the Agfaline giving Error code 58.

The only way to recover is restarting the Imagesetter ONLY.

I reloaded the OCP flashrom software but is stil the same.

Looks to me like a software hunging or random harware problem on the OCP ?

Looks like the OLP is OK. I anly restart the imagesetter and reconnects immadiately.

Any HELP Suggestions ?

Configuration ?

Thanks
Adrian

In case of wrong Configuration (“Bridge Buffer Module...Not Installed”) you will get errors 58, 60 and 77.
That's not OCP problem but possible Bridge Buffer Module/PCB or cable connectors/plugs to that module problem... or even OLP main board or serial cable Processor <--> Avantra issue.

Disconnect and connect the cable between processor and the engine. Please also make sure your earth is OK.

Download Pcb prebox firmware.

Hope your problem will goes away.

If you need help contact me.

[email protected]

Disconnect and connect the cable between processor and the engine. Please also make sure your earth is OK.

Download Pcb prebox firmware.

Hope your problem will goes away.

If you need help contact me.

[email protected]

Hi,

Thanks for your help and comments in the agfa Forum

When you say PCB firmware are you talking on the Agfaline processor ?

Do you have the software to send it to me by email ? and instructions to downloaded ?

I assume I can downloaded by the Androdiags right ?

Are those firmwares the Ad_b102b1.0 or the B1_01R1.0 ?

But the strenge thing is that when I get the 58 error I just ONLY soft reset the Avantra ONLY and it reconnects immediately without the need to disconnect any cable between the OLP and OCP and without touching the Agfaline, it remains on as is and it reconnects.

So If I don’t touch the Agfaline why the problem could be there ?

Don’t you think could be more the avantra control panel ? OCP ?

I already tried to disconnect and reconnect the serial cable and nothing help is not the hardware cable.

The grpund is OK I rewire new ground cables between the Agfaline to the buffer and to the imagesetter chassis.

Anyway

Thanks a lot for you help and comments

In case of wrong Configuration (“Bridge Buffer Module...Not Installed”) you will get errors 58, 60 and 77.
That's not OCP problem but possible Bridge Buffer Module/PCB or cable connectors/plugs to that module problem... or even OLP main board or serial cable Processor <--> Avantra issue.

HI thanks for your comments, but Bridge Buffer Board is installed in machine config, also the machine is using the bridge to transport the film to the buffer then to the agfaline.
Could be the bridge buffer board anyway some hardware/software hunging the communication....

Thanks
Adrian

Error 58

Error 58

OK. I have got more input from you.

Whenever you contact me send complete information. Forget the processor. There is no problem with the processor.

error 0058 could be the cable and/or the OCP board. Please change the cable and try another cable. Down load OCP firmware. If you could test your OCP board on another machine, it will make you sure that the OCP is OK.

Work on the cable first and keep me updated.

Is your machine Avantra 44 Xt or S, E.

Where are you located.

Hope this will help

[email protected]

Hello, would anyone know what ended up being the issue with this error 58 on the agfa imager? I have the same identical problem with my avantra 44 and agfaline 44OLP. Thanks.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back