Exposure Avantra 30

santos

I Have just cleaned the lens of our avantra 30 and sent a test solid yet the result is still not so positive and the solid is opaque.

i guess i need to recailbrate the exposure now...

any help on how i can do this?

in the meantime im gonna take a look at the manual..

thanks everyone!

Santos

Santos, by all means you should read the * manual :)) Check the OLP settings as well, for correct dev temperature and processing speed according to the film material you use. Good luck !

Thanks Maxon for your reply,

We have checked our settings and developer is Ok and in right quantity in the tank.
Our exposure (@2400 DPI) was at 299 but now we have adjusted it to 433 as i gave a better result for solids and black and white text is coming out OK for the moment, yet needed to adjusted in the plate printing downframe exposure. Temperature in Dev tank is 35 degrees and constant.

With these changes we are still in the mind that something is wrong as a solid film is still opaque when compared to our past work.

Regarding film material we are using Agfa RED Sensitive film, polyester base 0.10mm /.004 in.

Developer Abechim (Abezeta) Rapid Access ABCH 200

Any help appreciated !

Thank you all in advance!

Santos

What did you clean the lens with? You may have left a film over the lens reducing the intensity of the laser. Look at you dots with a 25 or 50 powered loop to see if they are crisp or slightly fuzzy. If you used windex and a cheese cloth you could be in trouble from a now scratched mirror.

Remember, the RIP can also control the exposure depending on which RIP you are using.

You should use the internal test to determine the exposure and then the RIP for a curve if necessary.

With the internal test, look at the 50% block after you have over a 4.0 DMax. Read the 50% going in both directions. You should find that there are several that read the same. Select the one in the middle that reads 50% and you will find that the Avantra will be pretty linear.

Si estas usando la nueva pelicula agfadot es algo menos opca lo importante es que densidad=3.8
si necesitas mas densidad tienes que subir mucho el valor del laser y para compensar el porcentaje de punto hacer una curva para el RIP

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back