Fine Lines on Kodak Plates SCREEN PR-4300E

Duncan Hyde

Hi,

Anybody having a issues with very fine lines across the surface of KODAK SWORD under a loop but now showing -up on press-sheets, in dialogue with SCREEN now, this is appearing on the internal Focus & Zoom Test plates. Put it through the processor in two different directions and the lines run in the same direction each time. Put through the processor two times and the line are less visible on press-sheet ????

Never had problems before this week

Help? anyone please!
note: our SCREEN is not even a year old - due for maintenance next month

Hi,

Anybody having a issues with very fine lines across the surface of KODAK SWORD under a loop but now showing -up on press-sheets, in dialogue with SCREEN now, this is appearing on the internal Focus & Zoom Test plates. Put it through the processor in two different directions and the lines run in the same direction each time. Put through the processor two times and the line are less visible on press-sheet ????

Help? anyone please!

Hi Duncan,

I need the serial number of your CTP and send me a picture of your plate. What kinds of lines? Thin? All over the plate or only on certain area? direction of lines fast scan or slow scan(Carriage direction)?
let me know.

Farshad
[email protected]

Hi Duncan,

I need the serial number of your CTP and send me a picture of your plate. What kinds of lines? Thin? All over the plate or only on certain area? direction of lines fast scan or slow scan(Carriage direction)?
let me know.

Farshad
[email protected]

Please check the lubrication of the lead screw, the secondary motor (the motor that moves the head).
Try with internal tests for example 50% on the whole plate. Do you have these lines on the internal tests as well?

If you don't see the lines on 50% tint internal test, please check the data cable inside of the machine and the PIF cable from the Trueflow or HQ-RIP to the CTP. Expose different sizes of plates and see if the lines are on one and the same place.
You must clean the optics and work with properly calibrated diodes before make any decision.*I will send you the the optic cleaning procedure if you need me to.
It is possible to have defective power supply of the boards or to have defective LRB32E board, but this isn't your issue to think about now.

Hope this will help.

Farshad

Hi,

Help? anyone please!

As Armya says, it sounds like an imaging issue of some sort - possibly with the lead screw or head drive mechanism. If you suspect plates at all (depending on what the lines look like), you might try turning the plate 180 degrees (or 90 if you can manage it) before imaging to see if the lines move or stay in the same place.

Processing-caused banding is easiest to eliminate by putting the plate through the processor slightly crooked. Imaging artifacts are essentially 90-degrees to the plate edges - and so are most plate manufacturing artifacts.

The reduction of the lines after double processing simply says that it's a very fine line, and that it's not fully unexposed. A partially-exposed area will be susceptible to mechanical wear in the processor, so the more you scrub it the less it appears. Again - Armya sounds on the right track with the lead screw/etc. or something similar (based on the little info we have here).

Good luck!

Kevin.

Hi

whether its coming all the ruling or 175 or 200 rling.

we faced the same problem we changed the angle now its ok

kindly check the plate after changing fresh chemicals , if your chemical is too weak also you may face this type of problem too.

rgds
kala

If you're getting no errors other than the lines, my first instinct would be to inspect the optics inside and on the front of the head. Especially with Sword plates. Likely a good cleaning would solve the problem.

I could do it if you're in the NJ/NY area.

I had such a problem some time ago. It was the lubrication of the lead screw. Please clean it from any grease or oil and oil it again, but very carefully. Much oiling is not good! Do not use grease, it becomes dirty very easily.
Good Luck!

One more reason for very thin lines to appear is a defective motor driver board. Two years ago I had the same problem - from time to time lines appeared over a part or the whole plate. Finally I found electric spikes over the head moving step motor. After changing the motor driver board, the problem was solved.

Hi,

Help? anyone please!

Duncan, I saw your plate too.

After all it is a good idea to give us a feed back on your plates. Seems like you are ok now.

Farhad

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back