Fusion Pro - Color Shift PPML vs PDF Output

InvisSoul

We’re having an issue with color shifting. We’ve output a PPML file and a PDF and the PPML file the output looks as if the images are all screened back and dulled, but the PDF output looks more like the regular density of the original PDF file.

Any idea of why this might be happening and any solutions?

Thanks!

What is the device that you are outputting them to? When you go to a PPML does it contain any attached ICC, or intent? Can I assume that Fusion Pro is putting out both the PPML and the PDF?

We've run both from fusion to a Xerox 770 and never saw a difference . .. other than the rip time . . .

All the files are being output on Konica C8000. They don't have any output intents attached to them. Yes Fusion Pro is making both PPML and PDF files.

Fusion Pro support told me that it was most likely because the PDF was not flattened before creating the final file. I tried this and it was much better. I only saw a very slight difference in the color after this.

I've seen it also, I noticed it on a cmyk build of a spot color background. I guess that might partly explain the transparency warning fusion pro generates sometimes. Also be on the lookout for dropped images, we've had several jobs that would drop various elements only on say one or two of the steps of the job. For example a 4up VD job saved out ppml would be missing an image on the 3rd step on the back side, this could also be caused by fusion pro's impo app but not sure really, but does seem to occur more often when the "Transparency" warning comes up.

We have noticed that if you don't have an filled up sheet when using the imposition program it tends to drop the backs on some of them .. . the workaround for that is to make sure you run your jobs in multiples of the # up on the sheet . . .

PPML is using postscript so if you are using the APPE with the PDF file then that might cause some differences?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back