G7 process training

bhm8hwcm

I am looking into implementing G7 process controls for press and proofing. Can anybody point me in a good direction for training on how to implement (seminar - webinar or in person). I understand I can hire someone to come in and do this for me but I would like to learn myself so that I can monitor over time.

As well I assume I will need a spectro so if someone can recommend an affordable solution this would be helpful as well.

thanks.

You can get trained by IDEAlliance as a G7 Master . Then do your testing
and supply IDEAlliance a printout of the Calibration Run Report
for approval.

We hired someone to come and go through the G7 certification with us for the initial certification. We have been doing it ourselves for the last two year to re-certify. We use an Eye-One at the press to read custom color bars (from SpotOn!) that we have added to each press sheet to verify that we are running to the G7 spec on every job. To verify G7 compliance, we use a Xrite DTP-70 to read the press sheets in to the computer. Then we use ColorPort and Curve 2.0 to read and analyze the press sheets.

So you must have the device to do this thing.this kind of device including monitor,spectrometer,densitimeter etc,with these help you can do a fingerprint test to finish a G7 calibration run.Then through the calibration result find the proper compensation curve and confirm it~

Greetings
I am going through the same
I have found that IDEAlliance is the best certification company around
go to thier web site IDEAlliance for more info

Jeff Wilen Direct

Your initial 'qualification' must be submitted by a certified G7 Expert. After that, you may enroll in a G7 Expert/Professional Training course to become a certified expert, or professional. Successful completion of the training course will allow you to submit for re-qualification, which is required on a yearly basis. All of this is done exclusively through IDEAlliance. Visit their site: IDEAlliance for more information.
Regards,
Todd

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back