Heidelberg Certification

pacificiam

Hi,

Heidelberg certified any dampening solution?

Some vendor claming that, they have heidelberg certified alcohol free dampening solution which is not made from heidleberg. Can we use this on alcolour dampening system.

I dont think Heidelberg makes anything other than presses/gluers/diecutters etc. I believe the consumables are made by someone else and then a Saphira label is put on. Someone please correct me if I am mistaken. Saying they are Heideberg certified could just be a way to get you to use only their products. Unless you have a new machine and part of the warranty states you will only use products recommended by Heidelberg then you are free to use whatever works best for your printing combination. Ive been certified for years.

What you are talking about is Fogra Approved products. As Cornishpastythighs said, unless your machine is under warranty and Heidelberg's warranty states you must use Heidelberg products, then you can use any fount you wish to use.

Heidelberg, KBA and Man Roland will wave the Fogra certification when using Amerikal and BestChem products.

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back