IC-304 Creo RIP question

gig0

Is there a way to tell it to throw in a slip sheet between runs... you know, like at the end of a run?

Seems kind of an important basic function to have when batch printing but for the life of me, I can't find it.

under finishing. slip sheets, tick the add slip sheets box, then select tray.
in retrospect, this might only work with single copies and not complete runs.

Duplicate the job (after you set parameters, ie QTY=100 etc, make sure colate is off if necessary for 1page job, and per previous post choose slipsheet and which tray to pull them from), and duplicate the job 10 times etc for 1000.

Yeah, the slip sheet option is only for between copies, not between jobs. And duplicating jobs in the queue to get slipsheets seems to be more work than it's worth when it comes to batch printing 25 jobs at a time. Seems like sifting through the stack and inserting slip sheets manually would be quicker. It's a good idea though for those long run jobs that need to be chipped, instead of me making a huge PDF with duplicated pages.

Yeah, the slip sheet option is only for between copies, not between jobs. And duplicating jobs in the queue to get slipsheets seems to be more work than it's worth when it comes to batch printing 25 jobs at a time. Seems like sifting through the stack and inserting slip sheets manually would be quicker. It's a good idea though for those long run jobs that need to be chipped, instead of me making a huge PDF with duplicated pages.

Its only for between copies when colate is on. We used to use slip sheet with ours, we found it slowed run time too much when it has to pull a different sheet from another drawer. So we opted for sheets that are not 13x19 to simply Offset them :)

I haven't tried it but you should ask your tech about the pro dongle that gives you subset finishing and pitstop (not that pitstop would help in this senario) might be something in there to help.

Its only for between copies when colate is on. We used to use slip sheet with ours, we found it slowed run time too much when it has to pull a different sheet from another drawer. So we opted for sheets that are not 13x19 to simply Offset them :)

Thanks. I'll try experimenting with the collate function turned off on Monday because I'm DONE for the week. Honestly, it doesn't make sense to me when it comes to a two-sided document, but I'm willing to give anything a shot at this point.

As far as what you're saying about pulling a different sheet from another drawer, I DO know this: when using slip sheets, make sure the slip sheet drawer has the same paper parameter settings as the tray from which the job is printing from. For example, if you're running something on 100# gloss text from drawer 5 and it needs to be slip sheeted with some cheap 60# plain colored paper from drawer 4, make sure drawer 4 is set to 100# gloss text even though it isn't. That way, the machine doesn't have to make an adjustment/temperature change for the stock each time a slip sheet is pulled. Makes a HUGE difference in run time.

Last edited:
I haven't tried it but you should ask your tech about the pro dongle that gives you subset finishing and pitstop (not that pitstop would help in this senario) might be something in there to help.

Will do. Never heard about a pro dongle.

If you're talking about the Acrobat Pitstop plugin, we already have that (5 or 6 licenses) and theres really nothing I can think of off the top of my head that could help in this situation.

If your having long delays between stock types make sure the tray switch setting is on short rather than normal, I think it is in utility -> common setting -> tray switch.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back