Introduce yourself!

Jeff K

Jeff K

I am the manager of a professional photographic lab. We have just acquired a HP indigo 1000 turbostream and are trying to figure out how to use it

Hello to all,

I participated in this forum way back in its beginning days. Just friended Uncle Dave on Facebook - how the times - and communication - have changed.

We are historically a commercial printer that is seeing rapid growth in our outsourced prepress services business. I expect the significant cost reduction opportunity is the driving factor behind this trend, although changes in the vendor (CTP equipment, consumables manufacturing and distribution) community could also be contributing.

I wonder if forum participants (prepress shops, printers and plate manufacturers) in the US see this as a trend? A potential growth area?

John deLoach

Aussie Sales Manager

Aussie Sales Manager

G'Day All,
I've been in the printing industry for over 30 years and I'm now a Sales Manager for a digital print company in North Sydney, NSW, Australia. Just thought I'd say hi.

I've seen our industry grow from some very primitive and very dangerous operations to our current digital world and it's a hell of a lot better now than it use to be. I remember being poised by chemicals, assaulted by managers, machinery constantly breaking down, catching fire and working with some of the most interesting characters I've ever met in life.

I'd love to write a book about my experience and the companies that I have worked for, maybe I will one day. Our industry in Aussie has been hit hard by the GFC and the advancement of the digital world, 14 offset companies have closed down this year, just in NSW, some biggies too.

I hope we can keep our heads above water and I can maintain a job in the industry that in some ways I helped build.

Best of luck to everyone.

Cheers

Rob

HI,
I am in the print industry for more than 30 years now.
I am in sales all along selling, computer forms, commercial print and transactional printing.
Recently I do VDP and Purl.
I am based in Singapore.

Daniel

I am the manager of a professional photographic lab. We have just acquired a HP indigo 1000 turbostream and are trying to figure out how to use it

Frankly that is the worse machines HP has should go for the 5000 or 5500 model. The 1000 is the oldest and the most problematic machine.

Epacal

Epacal

Hello my name is Allen Jenkins I have been in the industry since 1979.
I spent most of my life as a pressman or plant manager. For the past
decade I have been GM of multi national printing company. We provide
automated print solutions to the publishing industry.

Illustrator and Graphic designer

Illustrator and Graphic designer

Hi Everybody,
I am an illustrator and a graphic designer. My name is Ingrid V.
I am happy to join this groupl it is very helpful and you feel lots of support. Thanks for letting me the opportinity.
I had been working on illustrations more that design is why I need some advise when I prepare my illustrations to print.
I don't know what color profile should I pick. I usually bring them in to in design and then create a book.
Please help me and thanks for having me here.

Hello!

I_m from Romania, Piatra Neamt city, Neamt county.

From 1992 I work with paper, cardboards and printing services.

Between 2004-2007 I print myself offset with Romayor and Heidelberg; prepare file CMYK - DTP for separation.

Begin with 2007 I understand the VDP concept - 25 Pixma in 2007 (combine with offset )

- bizhub C253, bizhub C451 and C350 with Fiery in 2008 - major print for VDP carbonless paper forms
- bizhub PRO 6501 in 2009 ( VDP carbonless paper - 50-60 gr / mp);
- 2010 - TOTAL stop offset printing; Includ Ricoh Priport
for offset alternative - I am the single man at my firm (and 5 girls)
- bizhub PRO 5501 in nov. 2010 ( VDP carbonless paper - 50-60 gr / mp)

Different papers from different trays with full color - include numbering.

I like VDP jobs;

I need advice about lightweight carbonless paper;

I like Memjet;

I like Muscat Ottonel and Red Sauvignon wine;

I have two chidrens and a smart wife!

Aprox. 4500 clients in our region must be something!

Hello,

My name is Clint and we purchased this business from a long-time veteran of the graphic arts industry almost two years ago. We are a dealer of offset printing supplies. I'm not looking to make a sales pitch here but rather immerse myself further in the industry from our customers' perspective. It's really a fascinating industry. Finally had time to sign up for the forum and look forward to adding some value here and there, and look forward to getting to know some of you.

As far as hobbies, I have two young boys. When I'm not working I spend my time with them. :)

Regards,

Clint L.
Peerless Imaging Products

Hi There,

My name is Dave and I have been in the Copier/Digital Print industry for just over 20 years now. I started as a tech and have now moved into the sales area. I am currently working for a Fuji Xerox dealer in the Newcastle area of Australia and my role is in production printing equipment. I have found this site very handy for information and decided to get more involved by signing up and sharing some of my information as well. Look forward to chatting with you soon.

Cheers,
Dave

Hi, am new here!
I am Kago from Kenya in a small but busy town known as Gilgil. i have been running a typesetting and a photocopy shop but am now introducing printing in this town after buying a small offset ( ab dick 9870 ). here, people mostly take their printing work to Nairobi ,hopefully I'll be able to tap that market.

it is proofing to be hard to get started as i have to get a paper cutter and a perforator and also learn how to operate ab dick.will it pay? you guys was it this hard? Give me ideas and if there is a way i can get a cheap cheap paper cutter,let me know so that i can provide this service on this side of the world.

THANKS ,I will be glad to know you all.

I am Maria Zou from China, work at a manufacturer of Offset Printing Plate, this is my second job (first sell auto spare parts), I have hard work everyday, because I am not a professionor in printing industry now and as a sales you must to looking for any chance via internet, so I want to owe this opportunity to introduce my company, expect to get your kind reply if you interest in our printing plate.

Jiangsu Wanji manufacture offset printing plate with “FUGUANG” brand and two advanced automatic PS plate production lines. Main products include all sizes of positive & negative PS plate and positive thermal CTP plate & UV-CTP plate with thickness from 0.15mm to 0.40mm, annual supply ability is over 5,000,000sqm and 4 years export experience by Shanghai seaport. Our products offer quick sensitivity, long run life, good dot reproduction, stable performance competitive price, on time delivery etc.

Welcome to know more detailed information from our website: ���������Ӱ��������޹�˾ .

Maria Zou
Shanghai International Trade Department
Jiangsu Wanji Precision Photocopy Apparatus Co. Ltd
E-mail: [email protected]
MSN: [email protected]
Mobile: 86 135 1219 2803
Tel: +86 21 66315935
Fax: +86 21 66315937
Web Site: ���������Ӱ��������޹�˾

Hi Maria,
I have a company in Canada. I need some information on your Ps and Thermal Plates.If the quality can compete in North America.
Please contact me:
Best Regards,

Armya Inc

Farshad F. Shahrestani

C: 1-416-706-5473, T: 1-647-862-2567.
[email protected]

Website NOT YET AVAILABLE,

Farshad Faghihi - Canada | LinkedIn
ONLINE REMOTE DIAGNOSTIC SUPPORT: armyaservices1 on Free Skype calls and cheap calls to phones - Skype & Free Video Chat and Video Conferencing from ooVoo

P THINK GREEN. Please don't print this e-mail unless you really need to!

Hi am mariawilliam,
I am working in a california base online printing company. We provide online printing service in california and all region in USA. I want to suggest to USAprintingtrade.com, If anyone looking online printing and banner printing service in USA.

Thermal CTP Plate,PS plate

Thermal CTP Plate,PS plate

hello, I am from China, work at a manufacturer of Jiangsu wanji Precision Photocopy Apparatus Co. Ltd, as a international trader of offset printing plate, I am glad to know everybody and learn printing knowledge, hope have more communication with your.
chinapsplateexportathotmaildotcom

hi all,

my name is Ivan.
I work as postscript and xmpie programmer at printing company in Indonesia.
fell free to contact me if any question about postscript..

regards,
Ivan

My name is Paul I run our MBO folders at Williams Printing in Chattanooga TN. I'm heading up fixing up our folders and trying to find out as much I can about them

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back