Introduce yourself!

Greetings all! My name is David McLain and I'm a 30 plus year printing vet. I've done a little of everything in a print shop; from selling to finishing and everything in-between. Since about 1989 though, I've become seriously connected to DTP and digital file trouble-shooting, as well as IT director for a mid-sized commercial shop. I'm also an artist, pencil, paint, sculpting etc. I began in newspaper, paste-up and layout where you had to cut down your galley type, throw some wax on the back of it and slam it on a grid sheet with pics for the camera-room. Deadlines and all that, you know. Things have certainly evolved a lot since then, eh? I look forward to giving good input to the forum as well as receiving new info for old problems.

Hi my name is Francois been in digital printing sales for +- 11 years currently working for Itec in South Africa one of the distributors for Konica Minolta.

Screen FT-R3050

Screen FT-R3050

Please Help me someone, I have a imagesetter Screen Ft-R3050 , I ask it to print a test by control panel and happen "Machine Error 15" that means the laser is too small in accordance Service Manual i have here, other question, I can't to enter in service program because the menu is different in Manual to Control Panel of this machine. The Scon Board is version2.60 and Cont Board 2.01. Please Help me Can anyone answering what's happening ??

Hello, my name is Diego, from Buenos Aires, Argentina, and so sorry because my english is not so good. I´m the production manager in a prepress service bureau, which works for a large print house (5 web presses). We already serve for many others printing houses. We have 2 Lüscher ctps, 1 Screen Tanto imagesetter, and 4 HP Plotters for inproof and color proofs, a xerox 252, all handled by a Prinergy connect workflow 4.1 (v5 soon). I worked in prepress for 18 years.
Diego Vitale

Hello, My name is Prajeevan Rasaratnam

I'm a graphic designer, been doing it commercially for only about 3 years and i've just started print designing with a friend for the past two years...

I have much to learn and everyday i'm hoping to learn new tricks of the trade to survive the competition. Look out for my questions as I am a "curious george", I want to learn every bit of designing.

Hello,

I´m Marcelo Bastida and i work for MacDermid Printing Solutions, with flexo printing plates.
At this time I´m responsible for tech service in Latin America, with something around 20 years of experience in flexo process.

Introduction Myself

Introduction Myself

Hi. My name is Jorge Melo Braga, I'm 49 years old and I'm from Portugal.
My contact with digital print market begin in 2000 and in 2002, I begin a colaboration with a Spanish company to sell Inca Flatbed Digital printer.
After that I worked with Agfa and Anapurna models; at some time I work with a portuguese company selling Epson and Konika Minolta printers.
At this moment, I changed to other side and I'm working as sales manager in a printer company - Copidouro - who have Océ, Canon and Xerox printers.
When I made the register in Printplanet forum, I want have more information and, of course, give my opinion about equipments and markets.
Be happy, please

Introduction

Introduction

Hi all,

My name is John Reveley, I started out my career in graphic design but soon ended up in pre-press, where I have been for 30+ years. I am presently working for a company called Miller Graphics, formerly Corniche fine Arts, in Yorkshire, England and have worked there for 22 years.
My expertise is in colour retouching and work with Photoshop CS5, which I love. I am also in charge of colour profiling. We use GMG software mainly for profiling, but have also used Kaliedoscope and efi solutions. Our spectrometer is x-rite i1io and our proofers are Epson 4800, 7600 and 7900.
My philosophy is that (I like to think) everyone in the industry are experts in their fields and we should all pull together to make things work, however I do think that printers are often a little too quick to blame repro when things go wrong on press. My personal experience is that the printers will break the rules, like contaminating the process set or change anilox rollers to achieve the result they want, then blame us when the profile hasn't worked!
Some of you will have rightly worked out from that, that we do a lot of work for the flexo industry; it can be a thank-less task, the best results that we can achieve are often well below what the customer (brand owner) expects, spurred on by crazy promises of sales staff! The secret I believe is controlling client expectations from the start.
Out of work, I enjoy photography and sadly more photoshop, however I use ps differently at home and also indulge myself in illustration which is going back to my roots. Even at my age (early 50s) I still have a great appetite to be ahead of the game and learn as much as I can.
Looking forward to my membership with Print Planet.

Hello all!

I am new to world of PrePress, and am working hard to learn all that I can. I have a strong Computer Science, Networking, and Graphic design background, which transfer over to this preflight position.

However, I am a Team of 1, and have no one to go to for questions! It can become frustrating, and reading lengthy manuals day after day to trouble shoot simple issues can be cumbersome.

I'm looking forward to learning what I can from the people involved in these forums!

-Nic the Novice :D

DI press operator

DI press operator

Hi,
I'm Doug Schmieg. Have been in the printing industry for a total of 25 years.
Started as a stripper,darkroom camera and plate maker. Then moved over to duplicators ie A. B. Dick9870. Now it's a Ryobi 3404E-DI. Married no kids. I'm a home wine and beer maker. Love to garden, photography.

The Reveal

The Reveal

Glad to join the community of 'long suffering' Prepress and Premedia folk. In the early part of my career, when asked what I did my response was always ' a stripper' -once I explained a stripper of film there was an instant loss of interest. No sure then why I have kept the faith and lasted 30 years in the industry? However I am back on the wagon and need help with various technical problems for our ballooning business down south in Africa.
Apogee 6.0 is currently our workflow choice, but Agfa recently decided to opt out of South Africa so support is minimal...Digital Large format print is where many colour issues lay and recently a local music company approached us for digitizing 10,000 sets of positives.
So please keep the forum passionate as I really need help!!!
Chat soon
Desiree

Kathy here,
I have been with PrintSites w2p software solution since the naming and developing of the product. As Content Director and SEM Director, I write every word for the website and brand image, plus I write articles, press releases and the SEO content for every square inch of the site. I spend my day tracking the analytics of the site and making measurable improvements. My desk is 20 feet away from a 30,000 square foot printing facility, so I hear the presses running all day long!

I love this company and this project, and am honored to see it really taking off, knowing I have been a part of the success from the ground floor.

Being in the Detroit area, I have a background in automotive advertising, even claiming a Clio Award for a Pontiac Television campaign.

I spend my free time camping in Michigan, and I think the perfect summer is getting a chance to swim in as many of the Great Lakes as possible - with the exception of Erie. Not so much Lake Erie.

Hello

My name is Jason. I am 30, been in the printing business for 2 years. I am from Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. I work for a company called accutrac. we do one write cheques and receipts, Journals and ledgers. also envelopes and business cards once in a while. A little die cutting and numbnering of other peoples jobs as well.

I run a A.B Dick 360, A.B Dick 360 alchohol press and a A.B Dick 9870. Miehle vertical, 3 heidelberg windmills and a couple other things. dark room, hole punch and shingling machine.

Glad to be here and look forward to reading and learning

Jason

ebusiness development manager

ebusiness development manager

My name Is Tom and I have been in printing for over 35 years past 15 years emursed in the digital wave!
My views of digital print has brought me to web to print solutions. For a while nowq I have been setting up storefront systems attached to POD and inventory management.
Thats all for now.....

Introduce yourself!

Hello Forum, my name is Will I am in school and I like to use my grandfathers old printing presses a C&P letterpress I enjoy using. and now I'm trying to learn how to use a AB Dick 326

Have a good day,

Will

Hi all, my name is Zach. I've been working selling production print systems for an independent dealer in Seattle for the past four years. I sell and support Konica Minolta and Canon production systems, along with the Kodak Digimaster and Oce VP6000 products. I support both the Fiery and Creo RIP's, along with various variable data, web-to-print, and workflow softwares. I also work with a few different wide-format printers.

Prior to my work in the industry, I worked as a graphic designer, both as an in-house designer and freelancer.

I've found some great information on this forum and look forward to adding my input.

Maaaaann, do I feel old! Eight track player among Ipods it seems.
I only got into this industry because I had heard of all the alcohol and strippers! Was I disappointed. LOL
In the printing industry for over 30 years now. I started in production and moved into several management positions including pre press manager, printing manager and manufacturing manager for a large folding carton company in the Midwest. Oversight of press purchases and installations of several manufacturers.
Went to work for KBA North America for 12 years. Was Product Manager responsible for learning competitive machines and conducting presentations at Customer locations as well as Chicago shows. Moved into District Sales and was fortunate enough to be successfull thanks to many fantastic Customers. I was blessed to make so many great friends over the years in this industry and enjoy my networking still. I make no apologies for being a manager or a salesman.
I am presently a consultant specializing in press acquisition, either new or used. I can locate machines for purchase or place machines to be sold. I'm always happy to discuss the pros and cons of any machines on the market today.
Outside of work I enjoy Harleys and boats and do some turkey hunting when I can wake up that early. My wife and I also have two horses that she enjoys much more than I do.
Thanks for reading and I look forward to meeting many more great friends here as well.

I am a writer and I enjoy what I am doing. Sometimes I thought that most of writers will tell us about the anguish of writing than the pleasure it brings; but to me, writing is what I was meant to do.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back