Introduce yourself!

Hi All,

I have been running a mainly large format print business for a good few years, but am looking to add some light small format capabilities.

Looks forward to reading through more of the forum, but my dog has decided it is tennis ball time.

Hi! My name is Henk! I just made an account as a student as I'm doing a design project on large scale printing facilities at the Delft University of Technology. If you are willing to answer some questions about machine operator experiences we would be happy to ask some questions ^^ You could also participate in this questionnaire.

For the rest: as I am a student beer is about half the things I consume. Preferrably Grolsch :)

Kind.
Henk

Re: Introduce yourself

Hi, I'm Mike. Just joined 2 days ago, first time I have written or chimed in. Decent-bad golfer and music lover.

Love beer.......growing up my father was a beer distributor. Have been with Anheuser-Busch and Coors. Left beer in 1989 (why ?) and got into printing (product distribution side). Happy 29 years here, but lots of changes to a vital industry. An under appreciated industry. Offset side, which is not dead, but many suppliers act like it is. A lot of productive and profitable iron in the field still. Long live print.

Chicago.

Recently invented a product for offset printers. Not sure if I can talk about here, without sounding like a "salesman". Want to sell it, all who run paper or board need it, but do not know enough about the forum , yet, to know if it is tacky or prohibited to promote it at Print Planet. Please advise on that.

Look forward to sharing and learning from you.

Thanks.

Re: Introduce yourself

Hi, I'm Mike. Just joined 2 days ago, first time I have written or chimed in. Decent-bad golfer and music lover.

Love beer.......growing up my father was a beer distributor. Have been with Anheuser-Busch and Coors. Left beer in 1989 (why ?) and got into printing (product distribution side). Happy 29 years here, but lots of changes to a vital industry. An under appreciated industry. Offset side, which is not dead, but many suppliers act like it is. A lot of productive and profitable iron in the field still. Long live print.

Chicago.

Recently invented a product for offset printers. Not sure if I can talk about here, without sounding like a "salesman". Want to sell it, all who run paper or board need it, but do not know enough about the forum , yet, to know if it is tacky or prohibited to promote it at Print Planet. Please advise on that.

Look forward to sharing and learning from you.

Thanks.

Hi Mike,
Welcome, it's nice to have you as a Member! Since you asked, here is a general posting guideline.

The intent of PrintPlanet is to provide problem-solving solutions, not sales pitches from vendors. Members are looking for comments, experiences and opinions from other members in answer to questions they have posted.

When a vendor starts a new thread, solely for the purpose of gaining visibility & sales, this is when other members often complain about 'vendor spam’. If a vendor’s solution is in response to another’s post and provides a solution, however, this is viewed as helpful information.

Thank you. Exactly why I asked...when in someone's house you follow their rules and decorum.

Hi guys, I'm the newest member of the crew. For my background, I'm a Photographer at Petstreetmall which is an online store that sells pet supplies. My hobbies are playing computer games, watching sci-fi movies, and reading books well now it is a light novel on the internet now. I do hope to get along with everyone.

Hi guys, I have been reading the boards for a few months. Finally decided to sign up. I expect to contribute as much as I can.

I have over 10 years experience in flexo printing from the PrePress side. Most of it in narrow web labels & tag. I have some experience with Inkjet as well. Most recently I have been in wide web flexible packaging.

Hey! I'm Milo Wilson. I have my own service company Qualitech Digital. I work on all Xerox digital equipment. I specialize in the iGen family 3/4/150 and 5. I've been servicing Xerox equipment for 25 years now. 22 of those years as an independent.

Hello everyone. I am Lucas, from Canada. I just joined in here and looking forward to meeting new people here.
Thanks

Hello forum! My name is Steve, and I am a new member here. I found this place by accident while looking for information on the web regarding Kodak Thermal Gold plates.

I work for LSC Communications in Lancaster, Pa. and have been here for 28 years. Started in the directory bindery, then moved to gravure pressroom, then to my current job in platemaking in 1995.

I outside of work I participate in WW2 reenacting and beer making.

Hi Everyone,
I am Mike,
I have been a member here for some time but only just got round to posting an intro.
I started in the industry as an apprentice letterpress machinist in 1976
I worked on a multitude of letterpress and offset presses from platens and Vertical Miehlies through to continuous forms machines and multicolour presses
In 1986 I made a break from the shop floor into estimating first with pecil and paper, then on an early computerised estimating system built on the Pick operating system. I then moved into production management, ran an instant print shop for 3 years and eventually ended up in prepress in 1999.
In late 1999, with the hysteria of the Y2K bug at its peak, I was given the task of setting up the first in-house CTP in Western Australia with very little knowledge of prepress, but a good working knowledge of computer systems. The result, a Brisque, Iris and Lotem supplied by Scitex, was a resounding success for the business, and I am still with the same company today, now running Prinergy 8.x a Magnus platesetter and Insite proofing.
Like many of you, I've seen a lot of changes over the years.
I am also a volunteer with the Western Australian State Emergency Service, married to a Mezzo Soprano singer and have 2 boys at university.
Music is a passion of mine, although I don't play any myself, I'm the tech support for my wife with PA equipment etc and also am an avid supporter of these talented ladies who I shamelessly promote at every opportunity.
https://www.youtube.com/user/CamilleandKennerly/videos

Hello everyone, i am Drazen from Croatia.
I work for Grafika d.o.o. Osijek a publishing and printing company, as a operator on machines more than 20 years of experience.

Hello everybody. I have some experience with printing industry. I have worked on 1 colour, 2 colours, 4 colours, 8 colours sheet-fed printing machines from Adast, Heidelberg, Roland. Earlier also as assistant on heatset offset printing machines like Lithoman. But always I was interested in computers more than in printing machines. Learning of programming gave me more satisfaction.
Currently started own project, which is related to programming but also strongly connected to printing machines and equipment.

Hello to everyone here on Print Planet! We are a large format printing shop in Las Vegas that does everything from trade show graphics to digital banner printing to custom fabrications to display hardware to custom installations. Excited to be a part of the group!! If you are vendor at a convention in Vegas, check us out to help you with signage/promotion for your booth! More about us: Large Format Printing, Trade Show Graphics & Banner Printing | CR Vegas

Hello friends!
Machinist here. 35 years. Two journeyman cards. College level mathematics, design and metallurgy. Worked in printing and packaging for 20 years. Excellent understanding of industrial process. Have built automated equipment. Have done modifications and integrations on all kinds of printing and packaging equipment. The engineers and sales people have great ideas. But they come to me to figure out how to make the idea reality. And for it to work! Work for printers and engineers alike. I know how to install and level a press. Build a scrap system. Corrona treaters, web guides and web handling. build the equipment for vision systems, 100% inspection. Scrap removal. Inkjet systems. Back numbering. Custom precision slitting mods to rewinders. Etc. many, many projects... Troubleshooting. Make better than OEM replacement parts. And even project management. Have a business on the side for 15 years. Machine shop. Thousands of CAD files of past projects and parts. Finally made step from my employer. Huge company was bought out and new boss. Want to reduce me to a maintenance person. I do understand. But a lifetime of experience can not be thrown away to become a toilet plunger guy. And no offense to maintenance people. But need to stay with my God given talents. I know my strengths and more importantly my weakness. So now I am searching for printers I can help. I love the challenges. And that is my strong point. I truly believe I can make my living from that. Hoping to find new customers in the Michigan and middle america area. I can back all of what I said up with pictures of projects and most of all a conversation. We all know you can tell a lot from a conversation. We have a full machine shop and up t date AutoCad. My desire is to help sove problems and make a living doing it. Seems like nothing could be more satisfying. What do you folks think? Am I nuts? Or just determined. I will not give up from someones opinion BTW.

Thanks friends!!!
Thom J

Hey guys, I'm Michael from Long Beach. I worked for 4 years as packaging and graphic designer (Prepress) in a packaging company. There, I had the chance to experience digital printing and cutting first hand. I used to work with both Mimaki, Xeikon and KBA printers. Then, I moved towards 3D printing getting my hands dirty with filaments and resins.
Thanks for letting me in.
Best, Michael

Hey Y'all!

Old Member (new gig - Print & Mail Consultant) Just getting back in the swing of things.

Hope all the old crew are still here and doing well

My name is Earl Howell. I’ve been in and around the digital print and mail industry in the Central Florida area for over 40 years. I’m turning 68 years old next month and am looking forward to slowing down a bit and enjoying some of my sunset years.

Upon announcing my plans to my wife, she basically stated that there is no way she’s going to accept me hanging around the house all day, (LOL), so, I’ve decided to put my years of experience to good use helping small to medium digital print shops succeed.

Looking forward to the new challenge - It'll be an interesting ride!

All The Best

-MailGuru

Wow, I was wondering what happened to you @MailGuru, you stopped posting a ways back, thought you retired and got out of the mailing business, good to see you are still trying to ride this crazy train :ROFLMAO:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back