Konica C8000 review and Please HELP!!!!

It is best to check the machine at least twice a week. That is what I do which is why I haven't encounter problems same as yours @csudman.

I'm not sure what that means. We do full color calibrations daily(sometimes more than once a day). We profile our stocks and are now using G7 methodolgy for color. Are you refering to general reliability?

I'm not sure what that means. We do full color calibrations daily(sometimes more than once a day). We profile our stocks and are now using G7 methodolgy for color. Are you refering to general reliability?

When I said checking the machine at least twice a week, we do the same process like color calibrations, stocks profiling, etc. Because this maintenance doesn't work in your end, then I think the problem maybe in the machine itself.

-------------------------------
Visit: Screen Printing New Zealand

Last edited:
When I said checking the machine at least twice a week, we do the same process like color calibrations, stocks profiling, etc. Because this maintenance doesn't work in your end, then I think the problem maybe in the machine itself.

At one point, I believe it was the machine. That said, with more advanced training, not only can we help diagnose the issues, we can see them developing. Makeing for much better uptime.

At one point, I believe it was the machine. That said, with more advanced training, not only can we help diagnose the issues, we can see them developing. Makeing for much better uptime.

Agree most issue can be solved by the operator with the correct training. There are so many switches and adjustment the operator can adjust to get the machine to run the correct way. We run a lot of 12 x 18 magnet stocks on our 8000 another printer in the area has the same machine and cannot figure out how to run the stock, the reason operator error you have to change a setting on the machine to run the stock. Since they are a direct competitor we cannot help them out.

Any other ideas in relation to fixing the banding? Also on board we are getting toner cracking along the edges on the bottom side of print when being guillotined. (the side facing down)....touch edge at all and toner flakes? tried upping fuser temps, charge currents to get it bound to sheet better but no luck

Any other ideas in relation to fixing the banding? Also on board we are getting toner cracking along the edges on the bottom side of print when being guillotined. (the side facing down)....touch edge at all and toner flakes? tried upping fuser temps, charge currents to get it bound to sheet better but no luck

Regarding toner flaking. Use a dust cut to finish those pieces.

sorry can you confirm what you mean by dust cut? If you mean inside the clamp area we always cut digital with the cut inside of the clamp so it gets the straight edge of blade

sorry can you confirm what you mean by dust cut? If you mean inside the clamp area we always cut digital with the cut inside of the clamp so it gets the straight edge of blade

Thats it, if your cutting that way, you should be fine.

we do indeed cut inside the clamp each time which helps eliminate it but any rubbing at all at edges and the toner flakes

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back