Konica Minolta 6500 - Thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would not buy a brand new Toyota via joes garage. Beside the point, this poor fellas been stiched up here. You have (well haven't at this point) bought this machine from these idiots I assume the deal included service, I mean, you didn't buy one of these on parts and materials?

we run a xerox 700 with creo for a couple of months and have major problems with registration, alignement, color accuracy and rip. the machine was put on market with several bugs. i believe it will be a great unit in a year or two, when they correct the bugs, but for now we are considering returning it and replace it with a different brand, so plan to test the KM6051 as well. Will post more about it soon :)

km 6500

km 6500

Random/ Craig and others..
Just an update of sorts.
After contacting the president I recieved a call from the sales manager, He confirmed
that the 6500 would never print peoples faces as good as my doc 12 WTF !!!
So i told him that was not the plan so haul it off. I will hook up my doc 12 and rethink
my options..
After rethinking my options i proposed that they lower the price to $20.000.
Here is the machine km6500 with large double drawer feeder, inline drilling inline folding
large saddlesticher with pull out drawer. also offline folding,
I think that at $20,000 I can keep the doc while we are learning how to get the colors
correct. I haven't had a response yet but with the economy being so terrrible, I don't know how they can say no.
Don.
Now if Obama can straighten out the world we can all go back to making Money.
Don

I would take the $20,000 and put it in the bank. If they can't make it print now, what the hell are they going to do later? What is your alternative when you have a deadline and it won't print, or the prints are crap? Do yourself a favor RUN from this company! If you are truly interested in a KM6500 go to a REPUTABLE dealer or call KM direct. Without proper service and support you have a time bomb waiting to go off.

wow, 20k really? While they are stuffing around put it on ebay for 30k for a week. Walk away with 10. Nothing xerox makes now prints as good as a DC12 so that is a mute comment. You haven't told us what type of RIP you have.

Random it is a Fiery 1c 303.
I am Hopeing that if I buy it we can get the support issues figured out, it would be
great price. I have problems passing up a good deal.
Maybe the co. will go bankrupt before i have to pay.
I have had it now for for about 6 weeks without paying a dime:confused:
Don

km 6500

km 6500

Yea, I don't know I am thinking of calling KM direct, I just found out last nite that
the service guy really doesn't work on the 6500, today he is doing his first pm.
on my machine
Don

don the pms are required parts to be replaced at 200k every 200k. I install the kit drums,developer,fuser oneway gears, adj are color registration,gamma reg, print and copy,calibration with firery and full cleaning of machine. I hope who ever installls the pm kit does a good job and they ordered all the right parts . Make sure he ordered fuser parts too. well good luck.

Oh!! pm kit I thought you meant pms as in pantone matching system.
yea it was done today took 7 hours wtf

hmmm... we had our first PM (?) service yesterday on our new 6501. A Konica engineer took about 3 hours in total to do it including fixing another unrelated problem. Doesn't 7 hours seem over the top for a service?

Heavy Stock

Heavy Stock

You will be very disappointed with the registration on heavy stock.

biz 6500

biz 6500

its the best machine we have ordered , i really like cause of envolope printing , cheap on the click, quality is very good also .

it would be good choice biz6500

Does anyone own and consistently run one of these as a color production machine? We currently own a Xerox DocuColor 5000, but we are considering getting rid of it and purchase the KM 6500 - Mainly for price, but we dont look the shiny toner that the DocuColor Produces. Anyone have any really good things to say about this machine, or bad things for that matter??

Someone who had no idea what they were doing could easily take seven ours to perform a complete pm on a c6500.

OK! the question has been asked but not answered.

What is a "PM"!

Random can you enlighten us?

PM

PM

Preventative Maintenance Kit

On the 6500 2 kits exist.

100k just corotrons and 2 waste toner bottles
200k includes corotrons and several other items like transfer belt, filters etc.

It also includes a list of items to be cleaned/checked etc.
At the conclusion the tech would also run several image quality adjustments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back