Lotem - Prinergy Evo

K

kala

Recently upgraded from brisque to prinergy evo facing problem in one plate size out of 11 sizes, in that particular size plates the pagesetup is having a problem after expose showing no error message but the output comes like corrupted lines (not actual image) we tried the same job with other sizes its ok if we try the same pagesetup with other plates its not ok its sure something wrong from the pagesetup from software side can anyone help in this case

we are having lotem 800v2 with prinergy evo 4.1.6.2 with XPO 3.2.4.1 update

regards
ck

Recently upgraded from brisque to prinergy evo facing problem in one plate size out of 11 sizes, in that particular size plates the pagesetup is having a problem after expose showing no error message but the output comes like corrupted lines (not actual image) we tried the same job with other sizes its ok if we try the same pagesetup with other plates its not ok its sure something wrong from the pagesetup from software side can anyone help in this case

we are having lotem 800v2 with prinergy evo 4.1.6.2 with XPO 3.2.4.1 update

regards
ck

Hi Kala,
What is the plate size that gives you problems?
Can you view the job before exposing?
The logical thing to do is to compare the settings with the other plate size settings and realy the only difference should only be the size of the plate.

600x730 is the plate size
yes i can view the job perfectly
i have checked all the settings its ok and even i duplicated other settings for this size after that also same problem

600x730 is the plate size
yes i can view the job perfectly
i have checked all the settings its ok and even i duplicated other settings for this size after that also same problem

There must be something in the Evo setup and not the Lotem
Did you try and delete this plate setup and recreat it from scratch?
How exactly is the corruption?
Does the Lotem finish exposing the job?
There are no error messages on the Lotem?
What is the link between the Evo and the Lotem?
Is there a TSP card in the Lotem?

yes iam talking abt evo setup only
yes i deleted and recreated also again the same problem
entire plate with gapes
yes it finished exposewithout error
i couldnt understand link means wht u r mentioning here thro xpo iam connecting evo to lotem if iam not wrong even today i updated the patch file for xpo too
tsp card

yes iam talking abt evo setup only
yes i deleted and recreated also again the same problem
entire plate with gapes
yes it finished exposewithout error
i couldnt understand link means wht u r mentioning here thro xpo iam connecting evo to lotem if iam not wrong even today i updated the patch file for xpo too
tsp card

Kala,
It is a very strange one that only on one plate size the data gets corrupted.
If you just got your Evo from Kodak, the best advise would be to go back to them for help.

yes i got this from kodak but still iam waiting for them for a week need to sort it out asap but couldn't anyway thanks let me know what is the suggestion for this lotem error : (even though we have a echnical support cd for this ) : Motor interlock loop open
Cassette is not installed properly Caution: Only half of the plate get exposed : May take 30-45 minutes for ready mode (stand by) : How to find out which interlock is active and how to sort out the issue
iam expecting proplem from casette end. here in india we dont have proper lotem support engineers what could be ur suggestion for this

yes i got this from kodak but still iam waiting for them for a week need to sort it out asap but couldn't anyway thanks let me know what is the suggestion for this lotem error : (even though we have a echnical support cd for this ) : Motor interlock loop open
Cassette is not installed properly Caution: Only half of the plate get exposed : May take 30-45 minutes for ready mode (stand by) : How to find out which interlock is active and how to sort out the issue
iam expecting proplem from casette end. here in india we dont have proper lotem support engineers what could be ur suggestion for this

It looks to me like that the cassette magnetic switch does not make.
This is on the RHSide of the cassette
Open the front door ( top cover ) via the Loading system.
Put in the RED overide key (cheater) in the door if it is an older style Lotem OR
For newer ones open also the rear door and put in the overide key for the motors,
Look inside the Lotem from the front and if the casette is installed porperly you should see two air operated pins from the Lotem come up inside the cassette.
Give the cassette a good push towards the Lotem ( not usig the trolley frame)
Let me know how you are getting on.

we have lotem 800v2
what u mean by cheater r u talking abt the lock
i can see the casette is properly installed and iam seeing that pins coming up towards the casette
this we r doing frequently 10% its working 90% service
becaz of this iam getting half exposed plates after that waiting for more than hour to 2 get ready/stand by (it shows service)
wht u mean by how u r getting on ?? i couldnt understand

we have lotem 800v2
what u mean by cheater r u talking abt the lock
i can see the casette is properly installed and iam seeing that pins coming up towards the casette
this we r doing frequently 10% its working 90% service
becaz of this iam getting half exposed plates after that waiting for more than hour to 2 get ready/stand by (it shows service)
wht u mean by how u r getting on ?? i couldnt understand

If the Lotem stays in service mode is because one of the Interlocks is not made properly. I still suspect your cassette magnetic switch. Have a look at it on the casstte side and also on the Lotem side.
The cheaters are small RED blocks that you can insert in certain places where the doors and covers are so you can Load a plate from the Loading System with the doors open.
The Lotem will not expose plates when doors are not closed properly and one of the Interlocks is open. This is a safety feature as the Laser beam is invisible.

How to find out which interlock is open? like runnning diagnostic software ???
do u have the pix of magnetic switch.if its the problem means how to rectify it

How to find out which interlock is open? like runnning diagnostic software ???
do u have the pix of magnetic switch.if its the problem means how to rectify it

Take the cassette out and look at the RHSide of the opening where the cassette goes in. You will see a small back block with wires attached to it. On the cassette side you will see the other part which is a block of magnet. When you push the cassette in the magnets have to be close enough to make the circuit.
You can not run diag on the interlocks.
have you got the small RED overide block that you cheat the motor interlocks? If you use this in the front cover with the cassette installed and still get the message Cassette int. open than it is the magnetic inerlock that is not makink.

open than it is the magnetic inerlock that is not makink.

couldnot understand ur last point. my point is if magnetic switch is the problem then wht is the solution for it whether we have to change the switch r wht to do, kindly advice iam suspectiong proplem from casette side only.

we have the cheater, rightnow iam at home let me try to observe more thing stomorrow in office and let u know thanks

Facing problem in Dolev 800 v running in mac g3 = psm 8 + os 10.4 on tsp giving error sometimes 7120 and sometimes 7122. kindly help where is the problem tsp or tsp cable or psm. Is it possible to run Neutral tsp card (62 pin) on mac

regarding those plate problem in lotem time being i have shifted back into brisque again let u know once i get support from kodak regarding this.

Interlock active regarding casette problem also pending for hardware engineer from kodak

Facing problem in Dolev 800 v running in mac g3 = psm 8 + os 10.4 on tsp giving error sometimes 7120 and sometimes 7122. kindly help where is the problem tsp or tsp cable or psm. Is it possible to run Neutral tsp card (62 pin) on mac

regarding those plate problem in lotem time being i have shifted back into brisque again let u know once i get support from kodak regarding this.

Interlock active regarding casette problem also pending for hardware engineer from kodak

Hi Kala,

D800 problem it looks like a hardware problem with your TSP card.

Lotem800- Cassette In Detector. Did you find the magnetic switch that I told you last time? Also, have you got only one cassette for using 11 palte sizes?
The magnet on the RHS of the cassette is easy to remove. It is held in by a cross head screw. You can take it out and put one or two washers at the back to make it come further out from the casstte therefore nearer to the part in the Lotem when you put the casstte in.

we have 2 tsp cards sometime its running a day sometimes it running hours sometimes it wont run but error message is always 7120 & 7122 only. is it anyway to test the tsp connection in psm like running the diagnostic in brisque to find that tsp is functioning or not. kindly suggest

is it possible to connect a 62 pin both end neutral tsp card in dolev 800v though the tsp_75 model has 62 pin on one side and 22 pin on the other side.

is it possible to connect a 62 pin both end neutral tsp card in dolev 800v though the tsp_75 model has 62 pin on one side and 22 pin on the other side.

Kala,

As you have a Brisque, why don't you try and connect your Dolev to the TSP card in the Brisque and run it when possible.
OR, put your TSP card from the Mac into the Brisque and run the diag on it.
OR, swap your Brisque TSP card with the one in the Mac to see if you still get error messages
DO NOT forget to power down both the Mac and the Brisque.

As you have a Brisque, why don't you try and connect your Dolev to the TSP card in the Brisque and run it when possible.
i cannot connect tsp card in the brisque to Dolev becaz the tsp connect with brisque has 62 pin cable on both the end though my dolev has 22 pin in the cpu

OR, put your TSP card from the Mac into the Brisque and run the diag on it.
though brisque is now connected with lotem and here no one is ready to switch even we never switched off the brisque

OR, swap your Brisque TSP card with the one in the Mac to see if you still get error messages
i told u earlier too i tried 2 tsp what i have but anyway once my prinergy problem solved then i will use the tsp which is lying in the brisque.

what abt neutral card tsp is it posssible to connect dolev though the cable has 62 pin on both sides which connect tsp to dolev.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back