More trouble with our C900

steven574

I made a post earlier about a glitch with our paper catalog. That has yet to be resolved. Not the end of the world though.

Anyways, we have come across a new problem. It's hard to describe so please bare with me.

It seems we are having color issues when printing from the fiery. Not color consistency or accuracy, but more a glitch.

What is happening is one of two things. Either the magenta and black densities are too light or the cyan and yellow densities are too heavy. We had this problem last week. Our tech came in and reinstalled the fiery and everything worked except the paper catalog. I know a reinstall will fix it temporarily, but I need a more permanent solution. Copies off the glass are fine.

Our tech suggested that it may be a board on the fiery that is causing the issue at hand. We had a problem where the fiery was printing only black. No other colors were printing. Our regular tech was unavailable at the time, so the backup tech replaced the video board and that fixed the problem. Our tech suspects that it may be the video board again or the motherboard. Another idea was that maybe the video board is bad and it was caused by a bad motherboard.

So there are ideas in the works that may fix the machine. Has anyone else experienced this problem or anything similar? I hope I explained it well enough.

Have you escalated this service request? A second bad board in the Fiery would have me demanding a new Fiery. You need to get an engineer in there not just the techs. It could be the mother board, could be the power supply or any other number of things. Replacing the fiery will either eliminate the problem or point you toward the machine it self. But, because of these color issues in tandem with the paper catalog thing, I would strongly suspect the Fiery. I've found Ricoh support to be very accommodating but I suppose service is only as good as your local branch. Time to be the "squeaky wheel" and call the service manager on an hourly basis until you're satisfied with the results. On a production machine in a print-for-pay business there is no time to be throwing non-inventory parts at a problem with your fingers crossed. Good luck

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back