Nanographic Printing Technology from Benny Landa

The Landa process may or may not work in the future. We will all have to wait to see what happens.

What I think is very interesting is that much of the presentation of this new process was done with very effective "animations" of how the process works.

So basically "cartoons" sold this process to those who put real money down.

That might say more about the target audience than about the technology.

The Landa process may or may not work in the future. We will all have to wait to see what happens.

What I think is very interesting is that much of the presentation of this new process was done with very effective "animations" of how the process works.

So basically "cartoons" sold this process to those who put real money down.

That might say more about the target audience than about the technology.

Warner Brothers looney tunes?

Just to change th topic slightly. Does anyone know yet how much one of these beasts is going to cost? For example the B2 system? I'm sure that info isn't available yet, but you never know.

Tim

F L E E C I N G

•Landa: “It’s obvious that one day there will be no print other than packaging…If your business is packaging then your future is bright, but in 200 years, people won’t be communicating through ground-up trees.

Im a skeptic, maybe its the bitter taste of Indigo still on my tongue and I am talking 5500 not the early models.

That plus they don't think having pricing information 1.5 years before the release of the product is relevant ... that quoted from an email sent to me. I make plans and decisions looking at least 5 years ahead, only the partners licensing the technology is keeping me interested.

Last edited:
Communications for Landa in the Americas

Communications for Landa in the Americas

Hello all -- Please know that Landa plans to answer all questions and correct any misinformation that may be finding its way to you. I can only speak for the company to a certain point -- our representation of Landa is new, only since March, and so I can't answer all questions. Eventually my team will be of more help, directly.

In the meantime, I can tell you this: Landa's intentions are honorable and Benny Landa and all of his people are completely committed to doing right by this marketplace. Those who know me and my colleague, Amanda, trust us in facilitating open communication in this industry over the last 20 years (Landa's UK and Israeli-based PR firms possess similar credentials). We were referred to Landa by the most credible people in our industry. And very credible people -- including Landa's esteemed partners and newest customers -- are holding Landa up to strict criteria.

I am hoping we can have productive conversations here. After all, Landa is still in a development phase, and we understand that all input is helpful in making a product the best it can be.

Sincerely,
Helene Smith
HSPR
[email protected]

Hello all -- Please know that Landa plans to answer all questions and correct any misinformation that may be finding its way to you. I can only speak for the company to a certain point -- our representation of Landa is new, only since March, and so I can't answer all questions. Eventually my team will be of more help, directly.

In the meantime, I can tell you this: Landa's intentions are honorable and Benny Landa and all of his people are completely committed to doing right by this marketplace. Those who know me and my colleague, Amanda, trust us in facilitating open communication in this industry over the last 20 years (Landa's UK and Israeli-based PR firms possess similar credentials). We were referred to Landa by the most credible people in our industry. And very credible people -- including Landa's esteemed partners and newest customers -- are holding Landa up to strict criteria.

I am hoping we can have productive conversations here. After all, Landa is still in a development phase, and we understand that all input is helpful in making a product the best it can be.

Sincerely,
Helene Smith
HSPR
[email protected]

You have caught my interest.
Can the Landa nanotechnology printed paper substrates be deinked? I think that the molecular adhesion properties of nano thickness ink films would make it very difficult to break the bonds of the ink and paper allowing the flotation deinking process to work.

People won't be communicating through electronic devices for too long either.

To charge all the batteries in all those stupid devices will use up so much energy that we'll most likely have a global energy crisis first.

Then add to that the increased migraines (which I'm already getting from staring at this monitor all day), the brain tumors, and the cancer from electronics radiation and electronics will eventually no longer be the communication of choice.

Take one sector, like education. Sure they'll think it's cool giving every kid some electronic device to learn on and take tests...but eventually they'll abandon the technology when they realize that 500 years from now (if we're even still alive and thriving) that a seven year old can hack the whole system and cheat on his/her test.

Written text has already survived for more than 2,000 years...and it will be around for another 2,000.

F L E E C I N G

•Landa: “It’s obvious that one day there will be no print other than packaging…If your business is packaging then your future is bright, but in 200 years, people won’t be communicating through ground-up trees.

If I were developing a new printing system, I'd go back to the tried and true offset press and work on modifying that system.

It seems to me that if a variable data web/plate combo product could be developed than most of the problems would be solved.

Why not a billion trillion zillion nozzles that spray diluted offset ink onto the ink roller and the offset roller all the way down to the paper, and keep the muti-tower system?

Why wouldn't this work?

You have caught my interest.
Can the Landa nanotechnology printed paper substrates be deinked? I think that the molecular adhesion properties of nano thickness ink films would make it very difficult to break the bonds of the ink and paper allowing the flotation deinking process to work.

Hi Green Printer,

Thank you very much for your question. Landa is examining a range of deinking solutions on the market and will provide answers about progress as soon as we can. We appreciate your interest and patience.

Sincerely,
Helene Smith
[email protected]

If I were developing a new printing system, I'd go back to the tried and true offset press and work on modifying that system.

It seems to me that if a variable data web/plate combo product could be developed than most of the problems would be solved.

Why not a billion trillion zillion nozzles that spray diluted offset ink onto the ink roller and the offset roller all the way down to the paper, and keep the muti-tower system?

Why wouldn't this work?

I think there are workable options that are somewhat related to what you have suggested.

The devil is in the details but your imagination is going in a possible direction. Keep thinking in interesting ways.

Maybe you'll like this one...

Imagine a blanket cylinder or drum if you will that appears to be a super smooth solid piece of metal...but it's not. It really consists of microscopic pin points. Each microscopic pinpoint is actually magnetized. (this allows the variable image for each rotation).

Somewhere close to the cylinder is a unit with equally fine metal spheres, again microscopic...you can't comprehend the smallness of it.

What happens is the pins get a current where there is to be a raised surface like on a metal printing plate...the charged areas through magnetic force keep a microscopic sphere attached to the microscopic pin.

This creates an ever so slight raised area that traditional offset ink and water can be used to create a variable image. After rotation or when a new variable image is needed, the charge is released and the metal spheres are recycled washed and reintroduced into the containing unit.

The charge would have to be enough to prevent shift of the spheres resting on the pin points...but I'm guessing given the microscopic nature...you may be able to allow the metal spheres to come off with the ink and on to the paper without notice but this would probably be costly.

I've tried to come up with a variable plate concept and so far this is the fastest most feasible thing I can come up with.

Oh, if this ever works and someone beats me to the patent office; remember me in my old age and retirement years...or better yet maybe someone or this nano guy can hire me...I can come up with stuff like this all day long...:)

I think there are workable options that are somewhat related to what you have suggested.

The devil is in the details but your imagination is going in a possible direction. Keep thinking in interesting ways.

Last edited:
Maybe you'll like this one...

I've tried to come up with a variable plate concept and so far this is the fastest most feasible thing I can come up with.

Oh, if this ever works and someone beats me to the patent office; remember me in my old age and retirement years...or better yet maybe someone or this nano guy can hire me...I can come up with stuff like this all day long...:)

Kingpd, good to see you are thinking but you also need to learn how to keep your imagination within limits.
Learn to strip away ideas that are going to be too costly or impractical or ones that defy the rules of Nature.

Nothing wrong with thinking way outside the box but then you have to pull it back to something that is possible. I am not going to be the one to say what is possible or not since there are some amazing things done. There are metals that if you apply a charge, they change length, which is close to your pin idea.

A word of warning, if you publish an idea or make it public in some way, that might make it invalid to be patented. Describing it here on the forum might be considered as making it public and then it might not be patentable.

The rules now in most countries is "First to File". So if several people have the same idea, the one that would get the patent is the one who filed first. Also getting a patent is not so easy. One might think that one has a really unique idea and then find out that others have been thinking about a very similar concept years ago.

There are also lots of patents that just will not work. Having a patent is no guarantee that it is a working concept. I have found it very interesting to look at patents of printing press manufacturers and see how they think. From my perspective it is pretty sad. They don't have a clue on what is important.

So, I suspect your interesting idea is too complicated and expensive but keep thinking. But please, if you really have an idea that you think is patentable, don't talk about it on these kinds of forums. Patents are very expensive and expect something like $10,000 per country. The EU is not one country so you would need a patent in each one. You only have a year to apply to any country, once you file the patent to the first country. Then if you get a patent, you need to pay maintenance fees annually or every few years. They add up.

Then a patent is only good for defending in an expensive court action. There is no guarantee given to you. You would have to fight it out if the patent is not clearly unique and the winner can be the party that has the most money.

Too much reality? Sorry. Get back to dreaming of interesting things that might be possible.
That is the fun part.

Sometimes the patent is just for making one's resume/CV look more impressive.

Best gordo

This is weird! When clicking the link in Erik's post I get his intended web page. But when clicking on the one in the quote of maryusdemetry's post I get a food web page. Does every one get that behavior?

Al

This is weird! When clicking the link in Erik's post I get his intended web page. But when clicking on the one in the quote of maryusdemetry's post I get a food web page. Does every one get that behavior?

Al

Yup. If you copy the address that the link is pointing to you can see that they are different. I don't know how that's possible but it is so.

best, gordo

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back