Outputting harlequin 1 bit tiff thro xpo / prinergy

K

kala

Could anyone guide us how to output 1 bit tiff thro Prinergy + XPO

We generated a 1 bitt tiff file and select the option output from tiff in prinergy evo it generate a vps file and not able to move into XPO

In output to tiff settings iam not able to select the file deliver path if i select and save as it shows an error its a ready only file not able to alter or modify

In Xpo the settings are 1 bit tiff in hot folder.. even i activated 3rd party tiff as demo license for 35 days...

can anyone suggest me how to output harlequin based 1 bitt thro XPO / Prinergy...

regards
kala

Could anyone guide us how to output 1 bit tiff thro Prinergy + XPO

We generated a 1 bitt tiff file and select the option output from tiff in prinergy evo it generate a vps file and not able to move into XPO

In output to tiff settings iam not able to select the file deliver path if i select and save as it shows an error its a ready only file not able to alter or modify

In Xpo the settings are 1 bit tiff in hot folder.. even i activated 3rd party tiff as demo license for 35 days...

can anyone suggest me how to output harlequin based 1 bitt thro XPO / Prinergy...

regards
kala

Hi First thing that comes to mind is that maybe your Harlequin created 1-bit tiff files have a non compatible compression. I do not know Prinergy XPO but sometimes these systems need the 1-bit tiff file to be compressed in a specific compression type. You can chosse from several different compression types in HQ rip.

Unfortunately, you need license to output from XPO 1 bit TIFF files from third party RIP. You can press demo for Kodak xpo on the license for third party rip, but it will expire in 30 day. Then you must reinstall the whole system and to install XPo again. This is workaround, not a solution.
Best Regards!

Hi 2 years before we fired 1 bit tiff output thro xpo with demo licence without doing any reinstallation.. Today we forgot we did 2 years before thats the matter..

From your description it sounds like the permissions on the Xpo hot folder are not setup correctly.
To verify this, drop the output file from Evo somewhere else where it works and manually move it in the Xpo hot folder or drag and drop it directly on the template.
If xpo complains about license, activated the demo (35 days).

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back