PitStop convert RGBs with no CMYK profile conversion

lnivin

We're using a PitStop preflight that converts RGB to CMYK. Color management is turned off. I think we may be able to get a better conversion if we use Color Management and set the Source RGB to Adobe 1998 RGB. But I don't want to change any of the CMYK profiles.

Using a generic conversion for many files, is there a way to use ONLY the RGB Color Management?

The source RGB is only used if the RGB element is not already tagged.

You'll need to specify a target CMYK profile and turn the color management on. Which version of PitStop do you have?

We changed the defaults CMYK in version 12 to ISO Coated V2 from the ECI which is good compromise if you are not sure. If you have an older version you probably want to specify something different to the default.

Drop me a mail if you want to discuss off-topic. [email protected]

The source RGB is only used if the RGB element is not already tagged.

You'll need to specify a target CMYK profile and turn the color management on. Which version of PitStop do you have?

We changed the defaults CMYK in version 12 to ISO Coated V2 from the ECI which is good compromise if you are not sure. If you have an older version you probably want to specify something different to the default.

Drop me a mail if you want to discuss off-topic. [email protected]

Dated but still applicable information. Pitstop color management part 2

Inivin, although the AdobeRGB1998 profile is/was a good one, most if not all photos taken today are done with digital cameras which mostly use the sRGB profile. In my experience, using the 1998 profile adds red to CMYK conversions. When using the sRGB profile, conversions seem more real to life.

pd

Inivin, although the AdobeRGB1998 profile is/was a good one, most if not all photos taken today are done with digital cameras which mostly use the sRGB profile. In my experience, using the 1998 profile adds red to CMYK conversions. When using the sRGB profile, conversions seem more real to life.

pd

Agreed, however a good “middle of the road approach” can be to split the difference and use Bruce RGB instead.

Prepression: RGB ICC Profile Roulette

People think that they can avoid or turn off colour management, however it is still there, whether it is implicitly or explicitly applied. A conversion requires both a source and destination.

Stephen Marsh

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back