Pitstop Pro 9 move and placement issues

pajdzn

I seem to have some issues when pasting objects from one pdf to another. When I try to position the item I run into a situation where it won't let me move the item into place, kind of like a stay away is preventing it from going where I want it. It will jump way out of position. If I use an older version on Acrobat and Pitstop I don't have the same problem. Any ideas on what is causing this?

I seem to have other issues with the newer version, such as fixing unembedded fonts. I work through the steps but the fonts won't take. If I do the same thing in the older version it seems to work fine.

I really like some of the improvements in the new version but not sure they are worth all the problems.

It looks like with every new release, they introduce new/more issues.
That move might be related to actual move tool that is new to Pitstop 9.
They introduced tool similar to Illustrator one but it doesn't work at all and throws everything off in unsuspected direction, totally unusable and broken feature.
They promised to fix it in next release but I am still waiting many months later. In meantime they released completely new version 10, which I will not upgrade to for sure, at least not until they fix bugs in 9 and I get my money's worth.
You almost want to go back to version 7 or something, find what really worked and never upgrade again, sigh.

Thank you for the input, glad I'm not alone with these issues. The new version has some nice features but the older version is more reliable. I will just have to go back and forth as needed.

It looks like with every new release, they introduce new/more issues.
That move might be related to actual move tool that is new to Pitstop 9.
They introduced tool similar to Illustrator one but it doesn't work at all and throws everything off in unsuspected direction, totally unusable and broken feature.
They promised to fix it in next release but I am still waiting many months later. In meantime they released completely new version 10, which I will not upgrade to for sure, at least not until they fix bugs in 9 and I get my money's worth.
You almost want to go back to version 7 or something, find what really worked and never upgrade again, sigh.

Zoran,

Can you elaborate on the fix in PitStop? Are you talking about the Object move tool or the position tab in the Inspector window?
Did you contact Enfocus support about this? I'll be more than happy to take a closer look at your issue.

pajdzn,
Are you sure that you're one object at the time? Maybe you selected a form object instead of the pasted object? You can check your selection with the inspector panel. You always have a reference of your selection just below the category icons.
If not, do you have this with all files? Did you report this to Enfocus support ([email protected])? Again, I'm more than happy to take a closer look.

Cheers,
Bert

Zoran,

Can you elaborate on the fix in PitStop? Are you talking about the Object move tool or the position tab in the Inspector window?
Did you contact Enfocus support about this? I'll be more than happy to take a closer look at your issue.

pajdzn,
Are you sure that you're one object at the time? Maybe you selected a form object instead of the pasted object? You can check your selection with the inspector panel. You always have a reference of your selection just below the category icons.
If not, do you have this with all files? Did you report this to Enfocus support ([email protected])? Again, I'm more than happy to take a closer look.

Cheers,
Bert

Thanks for reply Bert.
I am talking about new position tab in Pitstop 9 pro.
I did not report it as a bug as someone else did and was told by Carine that it is known bug that was introduced with Pistop 9 update 3 and it will be fixed in next release.
I did experience the same problem with position tab which is awesome to have/use but useless at the moment.
Carine responded on August 12:

----
i Juris,

this is indeed a known problem that was introduced in PitStop Pro 09,
update 3. It is on the list to be fixed in the next PitStop Pro release.

If you want to be informed when this version is available, please leave
your contact information on our website:
Enfocus - Enfocus Compatibility

Kind regards,
Carine

Carine Bastiaen
Support Manager

Enfocus, an EskoArtwork company

Tel. +32 9 216 98 82 - Fax +32 9 216 98 54

Kortrijksesteenweg 1095 - 9051 Gent - Belgium

[email protected] - www.enfocus.com

Sent: dinsdag 10 augustus 2010 13:56
To: Enfocus User Group
Subject: [usergroup] strange object moving in PitstopPro using
Inspector's position tab

Hello Enfocus,

Does any else have problems with object moving in PitstopPro using
Inspector's position tab?
Very often when I try to move some object in PitstopPro writing in
needed coordinates in Inspector's position tab, object moves in
different position (also by other axis which I did not change).
So if I need to move object to coordinate for example x=5, I write that
number in and hit enter. Object actually moves to 8 (also number change
to 8 in Inspectors tab) and also it changes y coordinate. If I hit tab,
object moves again!

Is this a known bug in Pitstop?

I use Acrobat 9.3.3 and PitStopPro 09 update 3 on Windows XP SP3.

regards,
---

Thanks for reply Bert.
I am talking about new position tab in Pitstop 9 pro.
I did not report it as a bug as someone else did and was told by Carine that it is known bug that was introduced with Pistop 9 update 3 and it will be fixed in next release.
I did experience the same problem with position tab which is awesome to have/use but useless at the moment.

Zoran,

Your issue should be fixed in the just released (read: today) PitStop Pro 10. Do you have the resources to download the trial and test your issue?

cheers,
bert

Thanks Bert for reply but I was expecting the fix would apply for Pitstop 9 pro as that is where it was introduced as a bug.
What is the point of releasing software updates if you are going to fix bugs only in paid full new releases?
Bugs should be fixed in regular updates, and new features introduced in new versions of the software, or I am confused person?

I have to agree with zoran regarding the fix. It is hard enough for me to get approval to spend funds on items I need and having to cough up for an update to fix the problems in the last update doesn't go over well with my superiors. I am better off using the older version to work around the issue and try to find a better application to do my pdf corrections with.

Thanks Bert for reply but I was expecting the fix would apply for Pitstop 9 pro as that is where it was introduced as a bug.
What is the point of releasing software updates if you are going to fix bugs only in paid full new releases?
Bugs should be fixed in regular updates, and new features introduced in new versions of the software, or I am confused person?

That's a good point...

Like buying a new car and when something goes wrong, well, the new model year is out and you'll just have to purchase a new one...

Good news is if forced to buy PitStop 10, it would just be an upgrade... not much consolation however...

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back