Prepress Procedures/Workflow

Sherbert

Hey guys,

First post on here as I normally lurk.

Anyhow, I am currently typing up a booklet with our Prepress Procedures and Workflow. This is mainly in use for when I am not here and people with less experience than me are dealing with prepress.

I've covered the basics, included information on pass4press, wrote up some tips for when things go wrong and a pre-flighting checklist. We mainly work using a PDF workflow, but it does include using Indesign, Quark, Illustrator and Photoshop on a regular basis.

Its hard to think back to the basics, any suggestions to what else should be in there?

Re: Prepress Procedures/Workflow

Prepress Procedures:

Step 1: Take job from client
Step 2: Laugh at clients (select all that apply: program used to create file, missing fonts, artwork using the wrong color space, missing artwork, wrong trim size, wrong panel size on folding job, lack of bleeds, wrong pagination, etc.)
Step 3: Jump through hoops to get job to work, thus ensuring job security
Step 4: Drink heavily

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back