Preps 5.3.3

jramseth

We just upgraded our Preps to 5.3.3 because we upgraded Nexus to a PDF work flow. Now when we print out of Preps we do not have the option to turn on or off any of the color separations (they are grayed out). We would use this to turn off the Die Line when printing or the Varnish when proofing. Also our color bars and marks that are PDF's are not seen and can't be imported into the template. We were told that these should be converted to PDF's because with the new work flow upgrade there could be conflicts with them being .eps's. Please let me know...

Thanks
Jane

Hi!

We use Preps 5.3.3 Pro. I played with it a bit now and found the following.
First I also could not select color separations no matter what "Send to" showed. Then I tried to select a different device (Generic Postscript Printer) and suddenly the option under "Imaging options" "In-RIP Color separation" became active. Then I set the device and output type back to normal (JDF output) and I still had the In-RIP separation option active.
Try to play with this. If "Color Separation" under "Imaging options" in the Print/General tab become active - you win.

Balazs

You are correct. In Preps 5.5.3 if you print to pdf, you can not turn off the separations. That option is available only if you print to jdf.

Now when we print out of Preps we do not have the option to turn on or off any of the color separations

Preps 5.3.3 does not allow you to turn off separations when printing pdf to pdf. You have to print to jdf in order to control separations. In Nexus, you will need to build a jdf workflow.

OK, we got the JDF WF figured out! Now when we have spot colors and we map them to the spot color bars they do not convert so we then need to bring the imposed pdf into NEO and map them.

Also when we need to turn off the dieline (most of our clients like to see their proof with the dieline) for plating it still shows up...

Augh, what am I missing? Any ideas?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back