Print problem v180

Moutamix

Hello everyone, i have a xerox versant 180, it print a light background on all sheet as you can see in the photos pls what can be the problem
Thank you for your help

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221119_203522_com.android.gallery3d.jpg
    Screenshot_20221119_203522_com.android.gallery3d.jpg
    875.6 KB · Views: 285
Since you didn't answer my question and haven't given us a lot of information I will just say if it is on the bottom side if a single sided print then look at the 2ndBTR. If it is the top side and all colors then make sure the ITB cleaner is replaced or cleaned out. Also check the condition of the fuser belt.

Does this background image bleed off all four sides or do you have a very small white margin on any of the sides?

Since you didn't answer my question and haven't given us a lot of information I will just say if it is on the bottom side if a single sided print then look at the 2ndBTR. If it is the top side and all colors then make sure the ITB cleaner is replaced or cleaned out. Also check the condition of the fuser belt.
Sorry if i don't underdtand your question
The background is in the printed side

just to rule out that it's not a software issue... assuming you have a Fiery Command WS, could you check that the color settings are correct? - Please, check if the selected CMYK Processing Method is Full (Output GCR), and that the “Paper Simulation” checkbox is not activated.

Attachments

• Fiery CW.jpg
    Fiery CW.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 194
I have a Versant 280 and have the same background toner on the print side. It’s only noticeable if you compare it to another sheet of unprinted stock that has a high white level of brightness. On coated stock it’s more noticeable, on uncoated stock it’s almost impossible to see unless you’re looking for it and even then it’s hard to find. The image that you posted does seem to be more evident but it’s difficult to tell for sure.

The toner that creates this background is smaller than the yellow security dots and can only be seen through a loupe. I don’t know for sure but the tech believes it’s caused from floating toner dust within the machine that gets fused to the sheet. If that’s the case, then it would be best to make sure all your filters are clean and to vacuum any toner deposits that have accumulated within the press. I think the floating toner explanation is a stretch but possible. It's not a Fiery issue, you'll get the same results from a copy off the glass.

I have some test files that were printed by Xerox on a Versant 180 and they too have the background. I never noticed this background when I was getting samples from vendors but sure enough when I pulled out the samples over a year later I could see it if I used a loupe. If this background image is the same as I’m describing then there is no fix, it’s a built in Xerox feature.

I think the op's problem is different, looks like a 10% screen across the page.

Make a photocopy of something to eliminate the rip/software.
I'd change drums around to see if it alters, run a calibration too.

Last edited:
just to rule out that it's not a software issue... assuming you have a Fiery Command WS, could you check that the color settings are correct? - Please, check if the selected CMYK Processing Method is Full (Output GCR), and that the “Paper Simulation” checkbox is not activated.
CMYK Processing Method is Full (Output GCR) is cheked but i don't have paper simulation
I have changed all drums

Thank yo
I have a Versant 280 and have the same background toner on the print side. It’s only noticeable if you compare it to another sheet of unprinted stock that has a high white level of brightness. On coated stock it’s more noticeable, on uncoated stock it’s almost impossible to see unless you’re looking for it and even then it’s hard to find. The image that you posted does seem to be more evident but it’s difficult to tell for sure.

The toner that creates this background is smaller than the yellow security dots and can only be seen through a loupe. I don’t know for sure but the tech believes it’s caused from floating toner dust within the machine that gets fused to the sheet. If that’s the case, then it would be best to make sure all your filters are clean and to vacuum any toner deposits that have accumulated within the press. I think the floating toner explanation is a stretch but possible. It's not a Fiery issue, you'll get the same results from a copy off the glass.

I have some test files that were printed by Xerox on a Versant 180 and they too have the background. I never noticed this background when I was getting samples from vendors but sure enough when I pulled out the samples over a year later I could see it if I used a loupe. If this background image is the same as I’m describing then there is no fix, it’s a built in Xerox feature.
Thank you for your answer
I think i have the same problem
Tomorow i'll try to print a copy and see if i'll have the same problem
Before i have a konica it's my first xerox 😀

This can happen when a drum gets too low although it's been quite a while since I've had a drum get low enough to cause this issue. Lately they wear out long before they start doing this.

I think the op's problem is different, looks like a 10% screen across the page.

Make a photocopy of something to eliminate the rip/software.
I'd change drums around to see if it alters, run a calibration too.
I have change all drums

Hello, excuse me... could you tell me the yield toner of your versant 280 if you know. Appreciate! I'm interested in one of those printers

I am just now having this issue printing onto 80# Coated Cover and 100# Coated text. When I printed single-sided the backgrounding only shows up on the printed side. I discussed with the tech and they're going to try replacing the IBT first then then a Dev Housing.

We had a similar issue on Iridesse this time last year. Turns out there was a faulty batch of black toner which was causing a cast over the whole sheet. Perhaps you could ask service if this is something they have on record? I know there currently is a batch of bad toner in the UK/Ire for Versant 3100.

I am just now having this issue printing onto 80# Coated Cover and 100# Coated text. When I printed single-sided the backgrounding only shows up on the printed side. I discussed with the tech and they're going to try replacing the IBT first then then a Dev Housing.
The background has been there for me since it was installed. It’s light enough that customers don’t notice it, but it does change the brightness of coated paper. It becomes more evident when the black drum starts to reach the end of its life but replacing the drums never eliminates the toner background.

I never had this on my 80 and another shop that upgraded from a 180 to 280 said the same thing. They never had the background tint with the 180 but have it with the 280.

If your techs find a solution, please post.

We had a similar issue on Iridesse this time last year. Turns out there was a faulty batch of black toner which was causing a cast over the whole sheet. Perhaps you could ask service if this is something they have on record? I know there currently is a batch of bad toner in the UK/Ire for Versant 3100.
I sure hope toner isn't going to be a problem again. It took almost 2 years before I was running without loosing drums to bad batches of toner.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back