printing on reflective material?

wonderings

I ordered some tools for my motorbike and they came with a reflective sticker. I had never thought of printing reflective stickers. Is this something that can be printed on something like a Xerox Doc 260? Or are special inks needed to print properly on reflective stickers?

Since most digital printing solutions providers will tell you that they can print on a large number of substrates, be sure to take into account that most of these devices are 4-color only. In printing, WHITE is actually the color of the substrate (paper). If you really need white, you need a way to print an opaque white ink, which most digital options don't have. If you just want to print black on reflective, they might have something that will work.

3M has a reflective adhesive substrate designed just to it.
It can be used in any digital printer who can print with solvent base ink.
Ask your supplier if he has in stock or if he can order from 3M.
Sorry about the english.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back