Question about Epson 9890 and Matchprint

macjmccoy

Is anyone using an Epson 9890 inkjet printer with Kodak Matchprint V4.2.2? Do I have to upgrade to V5?

Enter the prooferAdmin screen, then go to the far right tab on the controller and add a new printer. Does the 9890 appear as a supported model in the list of devices?

Stephen Marsh

Great! Thanks Stephen, now that I know it doesn't, I have to find out if Matchprint V5 works with Prinergy V4.2. Can anyone here answer that one? I've been trying to get a callback from Kodak for 2 weeks now and haven't gotten a response...

As a Kodak distributor, I am running the latest KPS 5.2 for MPI. When I add a new proofer in the Proofer Administrator, the 9890 does appear as a licensed option. So I am guessing that as you suspect, this is a version issue and/or perhaps it would work for your old KPS version if you were licensed for this printer. I am guessing that it is a version issue, however I can't qualify that guess.

EDIT: KPS 5.1 added support for the 4900, 7890, 9890 and WT7900 printers.

Good luck!

Stephen Marsh

Last edited:
Great! Thanks Stephen, now that I know it doesn't, I have to find out if Matchprint V5 works with Prinergy V4.2. Can anyone here answer that one? I've been trying to get a callback from Kodak for 2 weeks now and haven't gotten a response...

I am not sure on whether Prinergy v4.2 plays nice with KPS 5.2 when using direct connectivity.

KPS can also be licensed for Open Connectivity, which would let you input PDF files via hot folders independently of Prinergy.

Stephen Marsh

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back