Richo c901 vs Canon 7000vp

I have been running 2 Pro C901's for 3 months daily and they are now both about 30K from their first 400K PM. Neither machine has broken down or required any service (nor have we replaced any ORU kit parts) they just keep going...

Thanks. I am actually looking for a production site near Dallas, TX to run a few test jobs before any decision is made. Have seen samples from shows and sales now I need to run real production jobs in the real world to make any further determinations. If you or any of your colleagues know of ANY sites in USA let me know. Must be the KM C8000 and the Ricoh C901. Thanks again.

Greetings. Which you bought & with which rip. Please share your experience after using it.
Thanks.
Salecha

I'm new to this forum, but I was wondering if anyone has any input on the Richo c901 and the Canon 7000vp?

I will be purchasing one of these 2, I just am not sure which one.

I've demoed them both, and for my application, the quality of both were comparable, I am not to hung up on that. Either will work for me.

The biggest concern I have is will the machines hold up, or will I be calling for service everyday? I run an implant that does about 80,000-90,000/month color.

Any other comments are welcome as well.

Thanks

If you look at price the PRO C901 is your best choice.

If you look at image quality the PRO C901 is your best choice.

If you look at stability, durability the PRO C901 is your best choice.

Canon are struggling right now.

The Ricoh 901 will save you alot of money, run faster, hold a dot and screen better but will not run textured paper worth a dime. quality goes down alot once your not running digital type papers. It dont like offset papers!

The Ricoh 901 will save you alot of money, run faster, hold a dot and screen better but will not run textured paper worth a dime. quality goes down alot once your not running digital type papers. It dont like offset papers!

Thanks for sharing your valuable experience. How many prints/copies you have done till date.How often service engineers have tried to solve your complaint? Once servicing is done, after how many prints quality goes down? Which rip you are using? When was your machine installed?This will help me as I am on the verge of finalising Ricoh 901.

Salecha, not sure where you are located, but service is the key. The four major brands all sell high end pieces that have saleable quality to many customers. Ikon has the service industry down pat. They are organized, have long term techs, have a reasonable parts inventory and actually answer the phone when you call. That makes a Ricoh purchase viable in that respect. Without a good service/tech system in place, no brand is a safe bet.

Before we purchased the C901, our choice was between it and a Canon 7000. In doing research and talking to current Canon customers in our area, there was really only one choice. Ricoh. We have been very happy with our machine now for 3 months. As with all machines a bit of a learning curve on which paper it will run but it has been a great machine. In talking to Canon customers in our area their biggest complaints were #1 slow or no service, #2 machine reliability. Many of them were in the process of turning back their machines and were seriously looking at C901. Believe me this was a hard choice for me as we have ran canon machines now for over 15 years.

There is no solving the problem with printing on offset textured papers, it just aint going to happen on this 901. We are going to try some textured digital papers though, I understand they have a coating on them that allow for the toner to better adhere even on textured stocks. Print quality hasnt gone down any of the proper stocks, We dont run it as much as our 900 but get about 70k in the first month. thats 20k-12 x 18, 50k 8.5x11. weve had it about 2 months, Fiery Rip.
Oh yea another pro is the ability to run 350gsm on it duplexed, as long as its not too rigid.

Before we purchased the C901, our choice was between it and a Canon 7000. In doing research and talking to current Canon customers in our area, there was really only one choice. Ricoh. We have been very happy with our machine now for 3 months. As with all machines a bit of a learning curve on which paper it will run but it has been a great machine. In talking to Canon customers in our area their biggest complaints were #1 slow or no service, #2 machine reliability. Many of them were in the process of turning back their machines and were seriously looking at C901. Believe me this was a hard choice for me as we have ran canon machines now for over 15 years.

Greetings, Which rip you are using; EFI e-41, e-81 or Creo c-81.How many prints/copies you have done. After how many prints/copies machine require service engineer's attention.Did you see demo of Canon 7010 and checked with customers of 7010 before buying Ricoh c901. Thanks.
Salecha

i have observed during demo lots of roller marks on prints as machine is using pickup rollers where most the new machine use air suction mechanisam.Also some white patches while taking solid colour prints.actual capability of the machine is known when you see the machine demo at customer place who is doing very high volume.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back