Selectset 7000: Error 31

AdrianJ

Currently a Selectset 7000 that I'm working on had a NVRAM problem. Resetting the machine seems to work.
However on Loading of Film into the Selectset an Error is displayed (Error 31).

Normal procedure for loading of film is done. Cutter Blade works, but upon sending the command to feed the error shows.

Could this be because of a defective Optical Sensor on the Punch Assembly?

Last edited:
Error 31- Image buffer sizing: found different amount of memory
Why do you think that's an NVRAM problem?

BTW -<<AdrianJ has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.>>
Why did you send me PM in that case?

Anyway you need a real PROFESSIONAL Service or assistance.
I do not do such a kind of job for free anymore... I'm sorry.

Last edited:
Yes, I've replaced the NVRAM IC. Display shows it as a punch error... but operator's manual does not have up to error 31. The error looks like a punch error because it has the icon.

Hello AdrianJ

I have the same error it is a Punch Jam in the output punch assembly, I found some pieces of film stucked in the center punch, I cleaned it and the machine worked fine just once, I have the same error again but now I can´t find nothing, even when I dissassembled the punch mechanism.

It seems to be a sensor error, or in the worst case, a punch motor failure.

I'm waiting for a reply from the service personel from Viprofix.

If you have a solution for that.... please... let me know. ok? If I have the solution, I will let you know.

Greetings

I'm not in the location where the machine is.

But when I go there I'll try running diagnostics on the machine.

Boot or reboot the unit.
Hold keys 1 & 4 to get that System DIagnostic Screen.
Go to Test (Key 3)
I believe that it either Media Control 1 or Control 2.
Test the Punch there.

Hola Hyperbarem, pudiste resolver tu problema? yo tengo exactamente el mismo, e igual que tu estoy haciendo la reparacion por mi cuenta pero me tira error aleatoriamente y me esta cansando, estoy motivado por el despotismo de vlad canada, tambien pense en hablar a viprofix, pero ni he agotado mis opciones ni tengo plata para hacerlo, puedes ayudarme?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back