the printout does not come out entirely on the film A2

rutezison

When I prints a film, the printout does not come out entirely on the film A2 (so it is cut.) Others, such as A3 ........ doing well. S.V.P help me to overcome this problem

the printout does not come out entirely on the film A2

To print out film i am using Adobe Indesign,and the rip software is Apogee Taipan 3.1 on a windows NT server on RIP.

So the file you are trying to image is from InDesign

So the file you are trying to image is from InDesign

Do you have a media size that is big enough to contain the image? Is the media big enough?
With a Taipan RIP you are still usinig PostScript if I'm not mistaken. For me it has been 6 years since I did any imaging in PostScript or via film for that matter.
You will need a media that is the size of your page plus any barks or borders you may have. You may need to define the media in your RIP and then export a PPD (Postscript Printer settings Document) so that you can print to the correct output media, provided your film setter has a large enough imaging area.
You should see in InDesign a preview and if any clipping will occur.
Try dissabling borders and marks, also try rotating the image with 90°.

Sorry not to have more ideas.

thanks Mr Lukas Engqvist,i've done what you says but nothing changed,How do i define the media in RIP and export to get correct output media?

What is a type of your imagesetter?
Avantra?
I guess you have OLP as well.
Some mechanical problems could cause not enough feed of imaged film and the rest of image will appear on the next page after cut and process of film.
In case of A3 you are still lucky to avoid that problem, but in case A2 the error in counting of media advance accumulated twice more and ...
I think you need serviceman to calibrate long and short cut parameters

Last edited:
Imagesetter problem - 100% sure
Just start Avantra internal density test (not nessessary to complete), cancel it, double click at cutter icon and you will see the rest (bottom part of image) at the next job!

Last edited:
I've done what you says but nothing changed.There is any relationshing between image position on film and this issue because the top border of the film is very big than the bottom border where the image is clipped.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back