Vesant 80 versus C75

buckeyewta

Xerox is trying to upgrade me from a C75 to the Versant 80. We are just over a year into the C75 averaging just under 100k per month. The C75 has been a great machine so far and has caused very few issues. They made me a pretty good deal on the 80 but I am hesitant to get rid of the C75 as it is a beast. I know I am comparing apples to oranges as the Versant has a better developer housing and is more production class. Anyone have any thoughts.

Well as you said the Versant is more production and with your volume I would have thought the hours saved would be worth it.

Any difference in click price?

The Versant 80 is $120 per month more and the click on large color sheets is $.002 more. I guess I find it hard to justify paying more when the C75 is doing what we need it to do.

I really thought the click would be less. As you said if its working for you then there's not too much point in upgrading.

That is one thing I found with Xerox, the rate never drops, or if it does drop it will double the next year.

Here's one for you. We've been in the process of going from our 8yr old DC242 to a V80. I say in the process, i've been over a year between all manor of delays in here.....

Anyway our click will be going from our current 9c to 3.95c (Euro). And our rip support fee will be going from €150 per month to €150 per qtr.

Ahh yes, the reset, we got that when we went from the 252 to the 700, then it started creeping up again every year. Then it held for a year since we added a 700i, then creeped up again.

They dropped the price of the lease and clicks on the Versant 80 to match what we are paying for the C75 so I guess it is a no brainer.

Ahh yes, the reset, we got that when we went from the 252 to the 700, then it started creeping up again every year. Then it held for a year since we added a 700i, then creeped up again.

Just make sure you lock in the click charge for the life of the lease. If not, your "low" starting click charge will increase by an average rate of about 10% per year.

We have the C75, and the 2100. The only disadvantage I see with the 80/2100, is running pre-creased media. The smaller fuser diameter of the C75 gets down into the crease, where the 2100 leaves an unfused area in the crease.

I had hoped that our 2100 would have a lower, or equal click charge, but it was actually 1.25 cents higher on 13x19 sheets.

Just make sure you lock in the click charge for the life of the lease. If not, your "low" starting click charge will increase by an average rate of about 10% per year.

Yea, don't have that issue anymore with Ricoh, locked in for 5 years.

Versant 80
I'm looking into leasing the versant 80. I'm hoping you guys who have one can give me some feedback about how your liking it so far. what kind of configuration did you get and the price your paying on click and lease. I would appreciate any feedback.

ca129

Hp rather than lease. Tax advantages in leasing are all crap (here in NZ anyway) once you get down do not paying any tax (because your not making any money) you are better off with hire purchase. Went for no finishing option and purchased a second hand morgana (faster and more accurate).
Compared to my Xerox 700. Laying solids 30% better. Sheet to sheet registration. 35% better. Straightness of image 40% better.
Hope this helps.

Did you purchase the basel or performamce model?
If you don't mind me asking how much did you end up purchasing it for and how much does the Morgana go for.

Sorry whats the "basel" model? as far as I know mines the stock standard model but it does have the function for doing the long sheets threw the by pass tray. Busseled rip. This was heaps cheaper than a free standing rip. (Fiery E200). Sorry not sure of the exact $$$ amount but the monthly repayments are less than the monthly repayments on my 700. (both over 4 years). Unless your from this part of the world the exact $$$ amount won't mean much anyway. Morgana's are very expense brand new but they do come up second every now and then. By far the cheaper option is get the creaser only (not crease and folder) and have another machine for folding.(any quality air feed brand). I know you end up with 3 machines instead of one V80 with a finisher but trust me the advantages far out way the disadvantages. ta Simon

Thank You for your response BigSi. I meant the base model sorry. It makes sense to purchase a finisher are they easy to run?
Thanks Again
Frank

Offline finishers are more versatile than inline. Usually last much longer than the print engine too.

Offline finishers are more versatile than inline. Usually last much longer than the print engine too.

Hi Craig, do you have an offline finisher? How much do they run and What kind would you recommend and would you recommend getting a used one .
Thanks for your info.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back