Xante Warning

I have had an EnPress for just over a year. I would not recommend this printer to anybody!
We have been through 4 replacement doors, conveyor parts, exit conveyor parts, and replacement drums (originals damaged).

When I refused to order the extended warranty, (wasn't about to pay for something they couldn't fix under the original 1 year warranty),
they finally sent a replacement printer. This one, though quieter, was no better on feeding.

It works considerably better on #10 envelopes than any other size but we still have to have someone manning the printer to clear jams.
It will jam or fail to feed about 10 times per box of #10 envelopes.
Remit envelopes, you may get 10 to print before it jams. We have to clear jams 40-50 times for remits. About the same ratio for A7's and 6 3/4 regular envelopes. This is with the special $500 A7 fuser installed.
Its actually faster to hand feed one at a time.

Be prepared to add half an hour labor to every box of #10 envelopes you print. Double or triple that for every other size. Add to that the cost of envelopes ruined by the jams.

I will say tech support was very attentive and tried everything for the first year. Its just a very poorly engineered feeding system.
There is no internal registration, so skewing is also a problem. Setting the gate tight enough to prevent skewing causes the conveyor to not work properly.
The feeder system is designed to load with the flap up and envelopes are supposed to feed by shoving new ones underneath the one being fed, creating a tidalwave type
build up behind the feed roller. Even with the special fuser, you have to run slow to get the toner to adhere to the envelope.

You can't polish cheese.

dave

Just wanted to throw a heads up out there to anyone considering Xante as a supplier. I had read various positive and negative comments about Xante, and made the decision to try their envelope printer around this time last year. Great concept, even momentary flashes of what it is advertised to do. But unfortunately the negative comments floating around about Xante are true. Especially concerning their service.
We have been trying to work with them on the machine not functioning properly since the very beginning. The toner will not fuse properly unless you run it at half speed. The only answers we get from Xante are to please be patient and they will get back to us. In there defense (if you would call it a defense) they have replaced the whole machine once, and the fuser section once, where we had to pay for some new parts because the original machine had used up some life on the original ones. Not to metion we had to pay some fees on the delivery.

There are plenty of other things that are apparently wrong with their machine, but regardless, I can tell you without a doubt that their service has pretty well turned a blind eye to it and just hoped we would go away. Before you throw away $20k to Xante, I would most definitely reconsider. Hope this has helped protect someone from a future mistake.
Try wiping off the sensors below the fuser, they look like silver eyeballs. We didn't believe it but it was what solved our problem.

WOW - Thanks Dave.
I thought that was me posting.
Same exact things are happening to us. #9 - #10 run OK but anything else is a dumpster fire.
We also have the A7 special fuser.
Sometimes it's just better to put the envelopes in the trays (15-20 envelopes at a time) then to fight the feeder.
I have an "old 20+ " OKI envelope printer that I can load up with 250 envelopes and walk away. I use it mainly for everything but #9 and #10.
Shame on me for buying this POS.
Lesson learner.

I have had an EnPress for just over a year. I would not recommend this printer to anybody!
We have been through 4 replacement doors, conveyor parts, exit conveyor parts, and replacement drums (originals damaged).

When I refused to order the extended warranty, (wasn't about to pay for something they couldn't fix under the original 1 year warranty),
they finally sent a replacement printer. This one, though quieter, was no better on feeding.

It works considerably better on #10 envelopes than any other size but we still have to have someone manning the printer to clear jams.
Remit envelopes, you may get 10 to print before it jams. We have to clear jams 40-50 times for remits. About the same ratio for A7's and 6 3/4 regular envelopes. This is with the special $500 A7 fuser installed.

Be prepared to add half an hour labor to every box of #10 envelopes you print. Double or triple that for every other size. Add to that the cost of envelopes ruined by the jams.

I will say tech support was very attentive and tried everything for the first year. Its just a very poorly engineered feeding system.
There is no internal registration, so skewing is also a problem. Setting the gate tight enough to prevent skewing causes the conveyor to not work properly.
The feeder system is designed to load with the flap up and envelopes are supposed to feed by shoving new ones underneath the one being fed, creating a tidalwave type
build up behind the feed roller. Even with the special fuser, you have to run slow to get the toner to adhere to the envelope.

You can't polish cheese.

dave
Are you still having problems with your Xante EnPress? Have you tried to get them to take the machine back and refund your money?

You can't polish cheese.

dave
I regret buying my Xante Enpress. I can't get the enterprise feeder to consistently feed No. 10's. I have to place the palm of my hand on the guide rail to apply pressure on the envelope stream (that helps for awhile) but then jams. I've moved the feed roller up/down so many many many times, job after job..... I've replaced sensors and a board. The Xante tech said to install an earlier version of IQue to adjust the belt speeds. I tried that and it doesn't hold the settings. I'm now printing No 10's on my Konica Minolta with envelope fuser. Also, it does feed 6x9's good for me, but the exit conveyor stops after 5 6x9 envelopes and they just stack up. The Xante tech said they'll put it in the notes, no solution.

Just wanted to throw a heads up out there to anyone considering Xante as a supplier. I had read various positive and negative comments about Xante, and made the decision to try their envelope printer around this time last year. Great concept, even momentary flashes of what it is advertised to do. But unfortunately the negative comments floating around about Xante are true. Especially concerning their service.
We have been trying to work with them on the machine not functioning properly since the very beginning. The toner will not fuse properly unless you run it at half speed. The only answers we get from Xante are to please be patient and they will get back to us. In there defense (if you would call it a defense) they have replaced the whole machine once, and the fuser section once, where we had to pay for some new parts because the original machine had used up some life on the original ones. Not to metion we had to pay some fees on the delivery.

There are plenty of other things that are apparently wrong with their machine, but regardless, I can tell you without a doubt that their service has pretty well turned a blind eye to it and just hoped we would go away. Before you throw away $20k to Xante, I would most definitely reconsider. Hope this has helped protect someone from a future mistake.
I purchased a Xante Enpress new with enterprise feeder. Worst business investment/decision I've made. It's been a struggle with feeding envelopes for two years owning it. I've replaced sensors, boards, etc. - and a new brush wheel kit they recently came out with. I had a tech install it and it did not work - it blew out my enterprise feeder while a Xante tech on the phone said to hold down the button in number of sequences. Know I have to pay for a tech to take it out. Xante would only pay to ship the defective part back.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back