Xerox 700 cyan toner issues.

jaywille

Hey all, new user here but this looks like a good forum so I thought I would toss this question/problem out there.
We have a Xerox 700 that was installed about 2 months ago. It seems to me that the cyan toner is overly sensitive to imperfections and I wanted to see if this is an issue anyone else is having. I am printing a customer supplied PDF file with a large solid PMS 314 image on the back. Now the image is devided up into boxes as often happens with PDFs, but the color is solid and consistent throughout all boxes. When this file is printed on the xerox it shows banding streaks in exactly the same patern as the boxes. It only shows up on the cyan image tho, the blacks and all photos come out fine with no banding at all. We also have an issue with the cyan being uneven on full page test prints even after replacing, drum, catridge, and fuser. Is this issue with cyan toners something that is unique to our machine or is anyone else having problems like this?
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Never heard of that before. What is Xerox Service saying? Maybe they need to replace the Cyan housing.

Make a quick test, as a copy job. Lift up the Document Feeder, leave it up. Select the Single Color option, and select Cyan. The machine will scan the glass with the feeder up, and will print a full page in cyan. If you see the same problem, something is wrong with the cyan; if not, it might be something in your file or the settings you are using to print them.

I just created a full 12 X 18 sheet of 100% cyan, magenta, yellow and black and then ran a job with the progressives on to print one of each and then one process black. All the colors look fine with the exception of cyan, it has a light streak down the middle. I had replaced all of the cyan components and still, same problem. The tech came out and said that the laser was dirty and causeing a light spot. Does this make any sense? If the laser was dirty, why would it affect only the cyan? It seems to me if this is true, that the cyan is overly sensitive to any imperfections. Just a week ago we had an issue with large white specs showing up on the cyan prints. To me they looked like dust, and when i again ran a full page of progressive color, you could barely see the dots on each other color, but the cyan was large white splotches. The tech claimed the toner was bad but it seems to me that it was just dust if it showed up on all the other colors. Does this sound strange to anyone else?
Thanks again, this forum is a great help :)

If the laser was dirty, why would it affect only the cyan?

I think each color has it's own set of lasers. I'm no expert on this.

Something may be wrong with the Cyan xerographics; just call Xerox Service back and have them check eveything on the cyan until they fix it.

Oh well if they each have their own that would make more sense. I think for now it is fixed, Ill just have to see if it has any more problems. Its just odd because the cyan keeps having problems but they all seem to be unrelated. I guess its good to know this is not a common problem with other 700s. Ill update if we have any more problems.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back