Xerox 700

viclpp

what is the heaviest stock we can duplex on this machine and what is the type of stock i can duplex on it?

Technician told us that we aren't suppose to duplex 100lb gloss text. we are running 12 x 18.

I read the specs and it says we can duplex up to 80lb cover but didn't say what type of stock.

Thanks,
Victor

I duplex a 80Lb productolith.. Also I run a 100lb producto one side at a time which can sometimes be tricky but the the right nvm read/write and the proper alignment and curl adjustment it runs pretty good..

do you duplex 80lb cover or text? Our guy that comes out and fix the xerox 700 said that we can't run 100lb gloss text which i don't think i have heard of

Maximum weight the 700 is rated to duplex is 220 gsm which equates to approx 80 lb cover which is 216 gsm. This is for coated and uncoated stock.

That being said we often run 267 gsm stock in duplex mode on a daily basis. You do have to have the right job though as there will be more variance in the front to back registration.

Your 100 lb text should fly through that machine with ease as it's only 148 gsm. 100 lb cover is about 270 gsm so it should be manually duplexed.

To my understanding these weights are rated for all trays but keep in mind that different stocks have different characteristics and some will just not run regardless of what you try. It seems as though jamming in the finisher is often caused by curl on the paper requiring the user to change the de-curler settings. About 90% of our jams can be attributed to this and after changing the settings for curl we have very little problem. We've found that grain direction on heavier stocks DOES make a difference as to whether or not the 700 will run them.

I've duplexed 100# Sterling Ultra Dig Cover, 12 x 18 with no problems... 13 x 19 may jam, but you can have your tech adjust the timing which helps... Registration isn't great and I only recommend trying this from the high capacity!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back