Xerox docucolor 240 image centering problem

theprintingguy

Hi all
i have a problem with my xerox docucolor 240
when i print with any settign other than plain paper the image is not centered in the paper
it does not matter what paper size or type
if i choose plain paper in media type the it prints perfectly.

please some help me i cant print on thick stocks due to that problem
my uncle has a docucolor 240 he does not have that problem

it prints ok if i shoot from the glass

image centering

image centering

good luck with that one...... seems like the fiery can't tell the Xerox
where to drop the image. but it is only x and y, not rocket science. we
finally switched from ZerOx to Canon..... cause no one from
Fiery OR Xerox can fix their machine..............

I have the same problem with my 7655. Although I don't have a external rip (fiery) I am having problems with the registration or loss of. I have spoken to a tech and he gave me instruction to change the leading edge, this has something to do with how the ibt lays down the image on the paper. I am going to try to figure this out today, if I get it to working better I will pass along the instructions to you.

Well i fixed the problem of the image not being centered properly by upgrading the software on the fiery server
now i have another problem the image is not complete on the paper , am missing like 1/4 inch of image at the trailing edge end of the page
Anyone with the same problem?
PS: it happens with all paper sizes, also to clarify am not talking about printing full bleed, i know there should be about 1/8 blank border

Answers for Xerox 240 , 242, 250, 252 and 260 Docucolor: Here is the real deal no matter what xerox claims.

(1) Print Image Size: on thinner stocks you have to leave a white border on each side of your paper of 0.250
on thicker stocks it is a bit trickier. 0.250 will work for each side except the bottom. You will need to leave a border of 0.50-1.00 for the bottom edge depending on how much wear and tear your machine has on it.

(2) Paper: the machine will run 20# bond to 300GSM, it will also run 15# and 330GSM or 14PT....BUT
you should keep THREE fusers on hand. One for your regular printing, on for the 300GSM and above and one for the very thin stuff like 15#.
WHY, because each paper wears the fuser in a different way , in a different spot. This will cut down on fuser damage and the need to keep replacing fusers. Try always to run full 13 X 19 sheets rather that 8.5 X 11.0.
This way your wear marks are on the outer edge of the rollers, rather than the middle. Then when that fuser starts to wear out, it can be used to print your black and white stuff on those 8.5 X 11.0 sheets. Since the wear marks will be on the 13 X 19 area...it wont effect the 8.5 X 11.0
If you are paying for fusers, this cycling of fusers will cut down cost for you. If you get them for free on a contract..then it will save you in down time waiting for parts.

(3) Duplexing: the truth is that these machine suck when it comes to duplexing.
to get the best quality and speed , only duplex 100# text/book or lower. You can duplex 100#gloss text if you put it on Heavy weight #1 setting. DONOT choose the coated setting..as it will not duplex a coated stock. Any cardstock 80# or above will either run so slow that it will cost you to much time, or it will jam nonstop.
For cardstocks 80# and above we recommend manual duplex. You will also have to decurl the paper....by hand ...by bending it in stachs of 1/4 inch at at time. If you try to bend larger stacks the paper will not be straight enough.

(4) Envelopes #10 A7 and More, Labels and Vinyl: yes all of these custom items can be made on the xerox docucolor. These items take alot of know-how and training to do on a xerox. Feel free to email or contact us if you have any questions on these. It is just that it would take pages and pages to post a how-to on these items.

Good Luck to everyone from:
Red Line Design and Printing Las Vegas, Same Day Printing, redlinelv.com

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back