Xerox Igen3 DocuSP with 1,2 million prints

paulica

Hello everybody !!!

There is a used IGEN3 for sale, used, with 1,2 million prints on it. The machine had been under full service contract with Xerox, but it sits standing for almost 3 years now. How much do you think I should quote for this machine.

As i've said this machine has been on the bench for 3 years now, and up to it's last print it was under Xerox maintenance and service.

I'm not sure but 1.2 million clicks is REALLY low, I feel bad for who ever initially purchased that machine for $300k.

Paulica - to give you some actual feedback on a purchase like this you may want to consult Larry Hunt, he is a consultant for digital printer purchasing. A couple hundred dollars to him may save you a 5 figures.

I''m dealing with a bank that owns the equipment now. For us, an IGEN would be a good tool to develop web to print. Currently we use smaller Xerox machines, but more than 2-3. This way we always cover mailfunction risk. We also use our own technicians to service the machines, we've been Xerox strategic partners for more than 20 years now.

An Igen would clearly open doors for us, smaller cost/click and printing on offset paper is a market that we are rarely touch. At the same time, we now work with smaller volumes and better added value. We still keep 3 DC12,s to print for picky clients. Igen is an extremelly good machine, but some of this picky customers will reject the prints, if done on an Igne.

What we like about the IGEN
- harder faster stronger :)
- cost/click
- Xerox machine ( not in love with Xerox, but I have technicians working on Xerox digital presses for some time now)
- opens new horizons

What we don''t like don''t know
- workflow issues ( new workflows new operators, new employees )
- footprint
- initial large investment ( in our case, negotiating a used equipment, financed for hundreds of thousands )
-

Yeah the price on the IGEN 3 has come down a lot since the Igen 4 came out. I agree with Rockin57rod,If you look around, E-Bay for example, you'll see them show up for good prices.

Paulica,

You probably know there are three on eBay right now. $18,000 $20,000 and $70,000. You could probably "make offer" on all three and get them. i don't know where you are at but figure freight at $5,000. You will need the whole truck. Next 50amps of three phase times two plus another 50 amps of 110vac or 220vac depending on your server type. That will set you back about $50 per foot. You should shoot for older front ends as the software is less of a risk. The Creo runs Xp ... that is almost good. The Sun v890 runs DocuSp and the X86 is FreeFlow. However, I suspect FreeFlow is available on the V890 now. Installation is $10,000. Training for tech types figure another $5,000. Parts ... DandRProducts, Toner eBay at $1,200 per set. Yield will be about 30,000 and up to 100,000 depending on coverage. I've done it. Let me know if you have any questions. Michael Frank 817 946 4237. Please, beware some old machine that have been setting have flat spotted paper motion tires. I can tell you where to look for that.

Last edited:
Paulica,

You probably know there are three on eBay right now. $18,000 $20,000 and $70,000. You could probably "make offer" on all three and get them. i don't know where you are at but figure freight at $5,000. You will need the whole truck. Next 50amps of three phase times two plus another 50 amps of 110vac or 220vac depending on your server type. That will set you back about $50 per foot. You should shoot for older front ends as the software is less of a risk. The Creo runs Xp ... that is almost good. The Sun v890 runs DocuSp and the X86 is FreeFlow. However, I suspect FreeFlow is available on the V890 now. Installation is $10,000. Training for tech types figure another $5,000. Parts ... DandRProducts, Toner eBay at $1,200 per set. Yield will be about 30,000 and up to 100,000 depending on coverage. I've done it. Let me know if you have any questions. Michael Frank 817 946 4237. Please, beware some old machine that have been setting have flat spotted paper motion tires. I can tell you where to look for that.

Sorry for the late response. Thank you for your answer. We are still analysing the situation. In the meantime, we have 2 IGEN3 for sale, one with 1,5 million prints, DocuSP, and one with 8,5 million prints with creo spire + sun.

If someone's interested, please forward a price, and will try to comeback with an answer as quick as possible.

A full service report issued by xerox, can be done if requested.

Dang, Paulica, I was almost gonna say "give me a WEb to PRINT solution and I'll INSTALL it for FREE".
Thanks for the info about the DC12 printing better than an iGen3 . I'll research those. We have none. Later, send me an email... I might get a pasport for Austria.... [email protected]

Dang, Paulica, I was almost gonna say "give me a WEb to PRINT solution and I'll INSTALL it for FREE".
Thanks for the info about the DC12 printing better than an iGen3 . I'll research those. We have none. Later, send me an email... I might get a pasport for Austria.... [email protected]

:)

Nobody said the dc12 is printing better than an igen3. Some customers preffer printing on dc12, because they like how the print and colors turn out on it.

For example we have machines sold to customers 10 years ago and they are using them alongside larger and newer machines.

Paulica, I like the iGen. I'd go to Europe for awhile to. I could drag out the installation for two maybe three weeks!!! How much do you think it would cost to get those machines? Please send me the Xerox info on them or call.... in English please. Right away I can see this foreign thing isn't gonna be EZ!! Location, meters, install date, software.. bla, bla Michael Frank 817 946 4237 Dallas, Texas USA [email protected]

Did you talk to Xerox about if they would put it on a service contract and how much they would want before they would put it under contract?

Did you talk to Xerox about if they would put it on a service contract and how much they would want before they would put it under contract?

I don't know for sure, will be looking into them the next days. If you have a good relationship with your xerox partner, than you could find a good deal for full service agreement. Xerox will always try to sell you a machine rather than take an fsma contract for a used machine.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back