Xerox phaser 7760 horizontal white lines

MattOz

Anybody have any ideas what would be causing these horizontal white lines appearing on printouts from a Xerox Phaser 7760 machine? (see attached pdf scan).

Tried a different fuser and transfer roller, so can't be these. Black toner is near end of life, but lines appear in different colours.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    629.8 KB · Views: 278
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    761 KB · Views: 367
Oh, I didn't see the line in the other colors. Does that machine use laser or LED? Seeing how the line repeats is why I suspect the drums. But the line is faded when it appears the second time so I'm wondering if your machine uses an LED and somehow it's 'flashing' once and it creates that first white line and then it fades away. That's a guess. I had a machine (Xante Ilumina) that used LED and it was a pain in the ass.

try trading out the black first, and then cycle through the rest of them if that doesn't work. it might turn out it's the fuser but it looks more like a drum issue.

On the front panel under troubleshooting ->Print Quality Problems ->Troubleshooting Print Quality Problems Page there is a chart you can print (from the front panel) that pretty much maps out all possible issues.

Clean the Laser unit window. or there may be a particle stuck in the developer housing of black under the doctor blade.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back