Xerox Toner Shortages-Anyone Else Having Problems?

When I was a Xerox customer (precovid), I had these issues periodically. When we first got our J75s it was hard to keep toner on the shelf (very small capacity bottles for a machine that was put in a production environment, and we had two of them). I had our rep authorize a pallet of supplies be sent to us, and my continuing solution was to keep secret extra supplies in a closet, and have the mountain of supplies on the shelf. Of course, Xerox would come borrow from us, as was their right since technically they owned the consumables. But we never had to shut down because we didn’t have supplies.

the lot numbers start with
W4 then 4 digits then an F
so you are saying the lot numbers should be higher than
W4 1034 F ?
if thats the case what should the lowest number be because I have some toner thats at least 2 years old
thanks
They said the number circled needs to be higher than 1034 or lower than 1000 (for 2019 toner). The bad toner was made in the first 6 months of 2020

Attachments

• 3137A480-D88C-4D83-B026-93A2C0D13475.jpeg
    3137A480-D88C-4D83-B026-93A2C0D13475.jpeg
    978.6 KB · Views: 201
Three weeks and still no shipment of toner for the Iridesse. Has anyone received toner or supplies for the Iridesse in the last three weeks?

Three weeks and still no shipment of toner for the Iridesse. Has anyone received toner or supplies for the Iridesse in the last three weeks?
Our last toner shipment for the Iridesse and Nuvera took about three weeks before it shipped.

I feel like this is going to be like the great toilet paper raid of 2020. Everyone is going to start ordering toner so they're stocked up which will cause a shortage even worse than to start with.
Question for Xerox users...do they let you order a nearly unlimited amount of toner to stock up? Several years back, Konica Minolta implemented a tracking system that only lets you order a limited amount based on your past usage/averages, and you have to get special permission from your local service manager to order a larger amount.

Question for Xerox users...do they let you order a nearly unlimited amount of toner to stock up? Several years back, Konica Minolta implemented a tracking system that only lets you order a limited amount based on your past usage/averages, and you have to get special permission from your local service manager to order a larger amount.
i get yelled at whenever i try to order more than 4-5 toners at a time. they don't let us stock up easily.

I have always had the play the game to keep a good supply of toner. And drums with the Versants but since we moved to Iridesse I thought it would be a little different. I should have keep placing small orders every two weeks and built up my supply for the busy times.

It was a lot easier to get toner for our old 1000i than it is for our versant 3100. We used to get shipments come in on pallets for our 1000i but were lucky if we can order over 6-8 of something with the versant.

You may not always be able to online, but in my experience you can always call them and say you’ve got a big job with a ton of coverage and that’s why you need extra supplies. And if they give pushback you can talk to your local sales rep, if they still have those (they do not anymore where I am).

Not now you can't. Called them before lunch and they said there are was NO toner available for anybody.

Last edited:
You may not always be able to online, but in my experience you can always call them and say you’ve got a big job with a ton of coverage and that’s why you need extra supplies. And if they give pushback you can talk to your local sales rep, if they still have those (they do not anymore where I am).
We have to do this with KM quite often. We call the local service manager since the sales rep would just have to pass the message on to him anyway.

Well at risk of having one of you guys breaking into our shop, we received a shipment of toner that we've been waiting on for a month this morning. Couldn't have came at a better time either because the end of the month is always our busiest.

Xerox CV3100 in Alaska. I haven't had a problem stocking up a couple of months worth of toner, but I usually have to have a service tech place drum orders if I want more than 8.

We have to do this with KM quite often. We call the local service manager since the sales rep would just have to pass the message on to him anyway.
I am currently a KM customer. Last year their online ordering system was more strict and often only would allow one or two bottles per color, but a simple email (same as listed on the order page) telling them exactly what I needed and why got me supplies. I never asked for a truckload or anything as we only have one KM printer, but usually something like 4 of each color and then if it that wasn't enough I'd order again in a few weeks. Local service has borrowed from us occasionally but I have not had to send them around town looking for toner for us yet.

I have a v180, and the last 6 months have been so bad I am looking at a different company. I just ran about 7500 clicks after the tech left, and now have a big mark in the center of the sheets. I don't think it is the drum this time. They tell me they are 10 techs short.
We are on our 4th year with the machine and the first 3 were great. I am burning up clicks and time. I may try to pull the fuser and see if I can clean anything. So done with xerox.

If the marks run from lead edge to trail edge check IBT cleaner. Clean it out if necessary but don't knick the knife. Also check the IBT while you're at it.

Reactions: EEM

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back