Xerox Toner Shortages-Anyone Else Having Problems?

Three weeks and still no shipment of toner for the Iridesse. Has anyone received toner or supplies for the Iridesse in the last three weeks?
I’m a local Xerox rep in Utah. My customers ARE getting toner & drums delivered most every day, but orders qppear to be taking 2 to 3 weeks to get processed and shipped. Smaller orders seem to ship a little quicker than big ones. Hearing it’s primarily a staffing issue at the warehouse, but also a few backorder challenges because of things stuck in containers both enroute and already in the local lot. From my limited view, things seem to be improving.
- paul

Any Xerox users still experiencing supply delays? Still no issues in Ireland, although we were hit with the faulty drums.

Not good news for KM users as toner delays continuing.

I haven't been able to get drums for our V80 for a month now and I am down to my last spare. My Versant is under contract in Phoenix and I keep emailing supply and they reply back . . .

Xerox: (I will follow up on these orders with our warehouse team, I will get back to you as soon as I hear from them).

Good luck with that right?

We are also experiencing paper shortages.

I haven't been able to get drums for our V80 for a month now and I am down to my last spare. My Versant is under contract in Phoenix and I keep emailing supply and they reply back . . .

Xerox: (I will follow up on these orders with our warehouse team, I will get back to you as soon as I hear from them).

Good luck with that right?

We are also experiencing paper shortages.
Call your local tech and/or rep. Tech will probably have access to a special stock of drums that are set aside and can at least keep you running.

Call your local tech and/or rep. Tech will probably have access to a special stock of drums that are set aside and can at least keep you running.
I guess I spoke a moment too soon and received 8 drums this morning!

I did reach out to my tech yesterday but maybe he didn't get my message, thanks.

Have any of you attempted to reuse the toner that's in the waste container? I bet you could get by this toner shortage by just recycling that well enough. Dunno. Just a thought.
All you need is the Xerox e2020 toner separator attachment with the optional re-inserter. It’s about $3500 but obviously a great investment in this exact situation. Technically you don’t “need” the re-inserter since you can do that manually once it’s separated but I feel like the time savings and lack of hassle would make it worth it.

I hear it’s on back order tho.

Last edited:
Dang, everything is backorder. Can't get any paper extenders like the Domtar 14217 Paper Extender or the Louisiana-Pacific 2x4x10x12 board stretchers at the local lumber yard either.

Last edited:
Over a month and no toner. By noon, I'll be shut down on the 1000 because I'm out of black.

This has gotten much worse. I anyone getting toner?

I just got done raising hell with them to escalate the last order but I have orders from back in November that have never shipped.

I have found it very hard to get toner / drums / supplies in general over the past few months. A strong relationship with your sales rep will help a lot. Also if you receive any guff from Xerox in regards to how much you are order, do not be afraid to mention that the currently produced toner / drums have an extremely short lifespan and require to be replaced more frequently. Hopefully none of you will be forced to do weird things for toner. Good luck all.

I just wonder how many printer are down because of all these shortages?
I ordered 1/13, didn’t get the black toner until 2/10. Harassed escalation team everyday for almost a week. Actually ran out the afternoon prior. We are a metered account, so toner is part of our contract.

Is your machine under contract with Xerox or do you own it outright?
Under contract. They have a a 30 day non service clause before you can terminate to contract. Doing that you are still obligated for the lease payments from what I understand.

So I have been waiting on a shipment of toner now for 3 weeks and the order still hasn't been processed. Ive been in contact with our local rep and he has been working on it, but I keep getting emails from the escalation teams that the toner hasn't been released yet and there's no stock to release. As of today an email said hopefully 8-10 more days.

Has anyone else been having this problem? We will be running out of toner today if we run the jobs we currently have ready.

I feel like at this point im going to have to start looking at a new company. Which I would hate to do because Xerox service has been great and our local rep is great. But if I cant print and make money then those things are useless to me.
Iridesse toner shortage in SoCal also...Ordered 3 weeks ago and still waiting. If we are unable to complete orders because of no toner we already told our
rep that Xerox is going to cover our cost or remove the machines he had a panic attack cause of the volume we run on 2 Iridesse's.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back