Xrite 528 Calibration

RGPW17100

I am not sure where to post it so I am putting it here feeling that more people in this area are familiar with a densitometer. Just curious when you do a full calibration what do you use for the black patch. Normally we would only use the white but it asked if our optics changed when trying to read the calibrated white patch for this densitometer. I could not find a solution so I pulled the battery and then tried doing the normal cal and it passed.

Hold the unit under a dark area under your desk and activate. Thats how I have done it for years.

To measure open port (no trap), unlatch the shoe and
point the instrument towards a dark area that is shielded
from light (such as under a table or desk). Press the read
switch (located in front of the optics) with your finger.
Make sure your finger does not cross the light path during
the measurement. (taken from the xrite 500 series manual)

Last edited:
I did not release the shoe and attempted to do it though the aperature. I took it in our bathroom with the lights off. No windows so it was pitch dark but kept getting an error on the reading.

you have to release the shoe, even sticking it in a draw while you do it is good enough, just make sure you hold down the button until it does a long beep.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back