4Press says load drawer open when it isn't

Don OReilly

And it also says cassette not installed, when it is!

For the load drawer, I checked the proximity sensor, it all appears correct.

For the cassette, I checked continuity on the plunger switch, and that is correct as well.

???????????????????

THANKS,

Don

And it also says cassette not installed, when it is!

For the load drawer, I checked the proximity sensor, it all appears correct.

For the cassette, I checked continuity on the plunger switch, and that is correct as well.

???????????????????

THANKS,

Don

Don,
As you are getting two error messages both to do with solenoids and switches, it could be that the OMC ( Opto Mechanical Controller) has a problem.
I presume that you checked the solenoid on the LHS of the Loading door. ( this also could have gone faulty or out of adjustment)

Omc

Omc

many thanks for your reply PACH. The load drawer solenoid was loose, but after tightening it up, I'm still having the same problem. from the utility, I can "load all boards", and OMC (fast HOMC?) passes every time. any other thoughts? Don

many thanks for your reply PACH. The load drawer solenoid was loose, but after tightening it up, I'm still having the same problem. from the utility, I can "load all boards", and OMC (fast HOMC?) passes every time. any other thoughts? Don

Try and run Diagnostics on the boards from Utility.

Thanks PACH

Besides the loose solenoid, matter how many hours I looked inside and out, up and down, I could find no bad connections or loose fitting stuff.

So from within service utilities, I went SETUP>Default Setup, and then I restored the cassette parameters from the floppy, and the drawer and cassette errors went away.

Now I have another problem....

after first load I get an error; the film, though it makes it all the way around the drum and into the exit rollers, does not go far enough to trip the exit sensor. I have to inch it, 10 mm at a time, all the way to the cassette, and with each inch, it says 'film stuck in guide" even if all is clear.. While I am doing this, I can see the drum exit encoder turn, and the detectors status says "film at drum out:YES"

??????????

Thanks PACH

Besides the loose solenoid, matter how many hours I looked inside and out, up and down, I could find no bad connections or loose fitting stuff.

So from within service utilities, I went SETUP>Default Setup, and then I restored the cassette parameters from the floppy, and the drawer and cassette errors went away.

Now I have another problem....

after first load I get an error; the film, though it makes it all the way around the drum and into the exit rollers, does not go far enough to trip the exit sensor. I have to inch it, 10 mm at a time, all the way to the cassette, and with each inch, it says 'film stuck in guide" even if all is clear.. While I am doing this, I can see the drum exit encoder turn, and the detectors status says "film at drum out:YES"

??????????

Don,

Sorry for not replying sooner but I have been away.
Try and reload a good known Rescue diskette and see if that will help.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back