Anicolor printing issues

Jmiyo

Hi everyone, i had the following issues on an anicolor press, sometimes when we print there's a thick layer of ink at about 20 cm on the operator side, it's not all the time, it happen usually when we change job or make a change plate, at the beginning we thought it was dampening issues, we made a check of our setting and everything is fine, our dampening rollers unit are good, our ink chamber are ok, we even change our ink form roller blanket but sometimes we still have the following issues. Can somebody have an idea of what can it be, can it be the pneumatic pressure.
Thanks

DSC00612.JPG DSC00611.JPG Is this the type of problem that you are having? See attached samples. DSC00610.JPG

Thanks for the attached sample but it's not that sort of problem we are having, on anicolor system, the ink form roller must have only a thin layer and equal quantity of ink when printing, that' not the case, on the operator side, the ink is about 10-20 cm thicker, it's not about dampening roller setting, it's something else

Without seeing pictures my guess is ink water balance. Its critical on my press that the stripe from chrome metering roller to water form is set correctly according to manual. Try checking chrome to water form with the water drained from water pan to avoid possible misreads. Also water form to plate. If these roller stripes are out of sorts so to speak you may encounter emulsification. It happened to me on the operator side yellow unit once. I reset rollers numerous times till I finally figured out what was wrong. I would double check them. Send pics if possible.

Thanks for your help wynagow but i don't think it's our dampening unit roller setting that make the following issues, we check our setting every 2 weeks, we had these issues 2 days ago, we didn't touch any dampening setting, we change the ink form roller blanket and it work well till now, we check the thickness of the removed blanket and it's 1.93, it doesn't make a big difference, i'll sent u some picture when the issues appear again, thanks again for your help

Could also be ink chamber blade not seated firmly down and square, straight. If you get one of these things in crooked even just a little bit you will have ink issues similiar to your problem. Check your stripes from anilox roller to ink form and ink form to plate cylinder. Make sure these are set to specs. I have had to have Heildelberg reset these bearer settings on 2 units.

Picture would make it more clear. Is it just too high density or blank areas are covered with ink too? Yesterday i had conversation with Heidelberg's print instractor. His words were that if the density varies across the sheet so problem most likely comes from form blanket worn off. Or probably underlay film is dirty/damaged.

Hi everyone, it's been a while since my last post, during the last couple of weeks, we change all our dampening rollers for new one, the dampening rollers we already had was looking shinny, we talk to some heidelberg guys and their advise was to change the rollers, we also change our dampening solution, now we are working quite well, its been a while since we didn't had the issues again, let hope it's continue like this.

No Title

Hi everyone, had another kind of issues on my press, have anyone sees there before? The just put a clean inkchamber with fresh ink, our dampening rollers are well set, these issues appear regulary and we have it on at least 2 unit, it mostly on the cyan and magenta, can someone help
Thanks

Attachments

• photo5673.jpg
    photo5673.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 464
  • photo5674.jpg
    photo5674.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 523
Good Morning,
I would refer to operators manual under Dampening system. In my manual it is B section 6 page 26 to 32. I use page 31 constantly and set my rollers exactly as it says on that page and in that exact order. I also set the rollers with the vario turned off. The section is called Removing, fitting and adjusting Anicolor Dampening rollers. I am almost certain this will correct your problem. I have been known to have to do this a couple times in a roll over a 2 day period just to make sure it is done correctly. Good Luck. Hope this helps.

Wyagow, how do u set your roller, in which way do u set them, is this dampening issues i,'m having?
Thanks

Yes I feel it is your dampening roller settings that is the problem. Drain all your water pans by turning off the Techno Trans system. Take all your dampening rollers out except water form roller. This is the roller that makes contact with the plate. I use a dab of yellow ink on the form roller and idle press a minute. Check stripe between form roller and dampening distrubutor, adjust and proceed to the next step on page 31 and so on.

ok thanks again, i use to only remove the metering roller and ajust the dampening roller set one by one without draining the water.

Yes I have done that also but by removing the rollers it gives you a chance to inspect each one. I also prefer using the yellow ink stripe method on the metering roller to water form roller. It gives a better reading than trying to dry the chrome roller and then hope to reverse roller to dry area to check stripe. Just know when checking that stripe and after you make an adjustment you should inch press a little to give roller a fresh spot to make contact with ink.

Wyagow, have u ever run your press at a minimal temperature, we make curves and ajust the tvi to make our proof but sometimes we have to really down in densities, we have to fall the temperature at about 10-15℃ at full speed, when doing so we notice that some things lines appears on our print, it's the ink chamber blade who do that , we have several ink chamber to get rid of it, what can I do to solves this problem
Thanks

I think we had this conversation before if I remember correctly. I'm not sure how to help you with this issue. I do know that I think your last problem with ink on ink form roller is most likely related to your having to run your temperatures so cold or low. The closer you can run your temps in the middle range the better quality print you will have. It may be that your ink is to high in density. What is your densities on press sheet when your running a job at these low temps? This also may be a question for maac in Florida. He is on another anicolor discussion sometimes.

All our job on coated and Matt coated paper are print in I so standard 12647-2 by example to have a value densities of 1.35 in magenta, we have to go at 20° temperature, it's our main issue on that press

Without actually being there to help you troubleshoot the problem I can only speculate on the solution. Are you using the same ink that came with the press during the installation training procedure? If that ink worked and matched your proofs with Heildelberg training I would go back to that. Maybe the ink chamber blades are installed backwards. Obviously something is causing to high of density which makes you run your temps so cold in order to match proofs. Ink is where I would start checking.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back