Anicolor printing issues

We are using saphira standard ink which came with press, when the guys from Heidelberg came for the training, we were using linear plates, we didn't't make calibration curves for our dot gain compensation, he shows us how to use the press and he check that the 10 cell screen roller reach iso standard densities in each units, there's only one anicolor in the country and we are on our own, we try to get help with the Heidelberg guys from Germany and that's why we change our set of dampening rollers for new ones, we only used the old rollers a year, for me it make no sense. That's why I'm looking for help, you're the only guy on the forums who knows anicolor

Another thought! Do you have a blanket packing gauge? If so check the bearer height of each blanket. You can find in the maual under Printing- Packing, packing thickness on how to check and adjust etc. I have found on my press that just adding or subtracting 0,05 mm can influence color, dot gain and density. This is especially noticeable on the magenta unit.

In your case it may mean that you are overpacked and need to reduce your blanket packing. This can influence ink density sometimes as much as 15 points or more. Hope this helps.

We do have a blanket packing gauge, I have it check today and it was 0.01 mm under the bearer on the magenta unit, sometimes ago we print a job on a glossy paper, the job came back today for a 're-print, same paper, same curves, same ink , same documents but different render, dot gain magenta very high, I had to ajust it again

Just wondering if things are going any better for you since our last correspondence. I thought of something else you may want to check on. Check your dampening solution temperature. Mine is set at 10.0 Celsius which works for me. It may be that yours is to warm and your fighting that with cold ink roller temps. Just a thought.

Thanks for the help wyagow, our dampening solutions are set at 11℃, it's ok, we had a visit of an heidelberg guy, we found that our under plate cylinder is 0.12 mm, our plate is 0.27, that make our blanket when set at 0.00mm to the bearer gives us an transter image of 0.15mm which is quite high, we ajust our blanket at -0.02 under the bearer to have an ideal transfer at 0.12-0.13, we went to saphira fount with alcohol at 4.3%, for now we are running our press quite well, no more densities issues, just hope it continues like this
Just want to share those info with u

Thats great to hear. I was close then when I said your blanket packing may be to high. Also I did not think about the alcohol. In our plant we do not use alcohol since 1995. We use Saphira Alcohol Replacement 321 on my anicolor. Also my plates are 0.20 which is thinner. Thats makes your solution work then. It bothered me I could not help you more but I've learned something now to. Good Printing!

Yes u were right with the blanket, it has been a pleasure to share all these post with you, thanks again for all the help u provided, hope to hear from u again and share our experience.

No Title

Hi wyagow I'm still having the last issues and just looking if u could help, just have a look at the pic I've post and let me know what u think about it

Attachments

• photo5884.jpg
    photo5884.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 374
What is the function of the intermediate roller on ink form roller on anicolor, does it only use for wash up and pre inking or is there other function
Thanks

What is the function of the intermediate roller on ink form roller on anicolor, does it only use for wash up and pre inking or is there other function
Thanks

Yes it should have no influence on your printing. It's only function is for washup. On my press the stripe should be 4mm in the center and 3mm on the ends. This is the stripe to the ink form roller (blanket). You can double check your intermediate roller stripe to dampening form roller. It should be 3.5mm. But your picture almost makes me think your ink form may not be making contact with the plate cylinder on that end. Check that stripe and if you could take a picture to show me the stripe. Or you have some dampening rollers settings not set correctly too. Also if you could take a picture of your entire press so I could see what kind it is would be helpful.

Jmiyo

I wonder if it would be easier for us to communicate via email directly instead of through Print Planet. My only concern would be if there is a language difference between us as I believe Print Planet does auto translation for us. Do you speak English by chance?

Hello
​​l have faced a problem with my anicolor press
​​​​​while printing l see some extra dots all over my job in all 4 colors and when l rise my lpA to 15 present and speed up to above 10000 h the amount of the dots reduce but stil there are some dots which decrease the quality of my job
l was wondering if every one could help me out
Thanks

Last edited:
Without a picture I can only speculate. It could be to much water going on the plate, water form and pan roller setting inconsistent, to press speed, etc. Try checking roller settings going by the steps listed in your operators manual. I have the best luck setting the water pan roller to the chrome roller extra tight. This seems to reduce emulsyfying which could be causing your dots. I run my press a minimum of 12K to 14K. Seems the faster you run the better it prints.

Here are the pictures

Attachments

• IMG_20170827_194313.jpg
    IMG_20170827_194313.jpg
    198.1 KB · Views: 328
  • IMG_20170827_194226.jpg
    IMG_20170827_194226.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 362
  • IMG_20170827_194314.jpg
    IMG_20170827_194314.jpg
    226.5 KB · Views: 337
moha,

I suggest you LOOK at the Image Areas on the plates through a Loupe before they go on the Press !!!

Are these so called "Dots" already there ? if so then you have Badly Imaged Plates !!!!!!!!!!!

Regards, Alois

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back