DC250 - worth it?

GusG

Am considering a DC250 but it's got a total count of just over 1.3 million clicks (960K colour), though it's been maintained up to the end of last year on contract in a Scandinavian country (I'm assuming well maintained).

Any general ideas if this is too much for a DC250 or it's still got some life in it?

Not worth it

Not worth it

I don't know the price you are paying for it, but in my opinion, not worth it. That is very high for colour usage also especially that SRA3 would usually be printed through it. Those machines are rated for 25,000 letter size pages per month, so it has approx 52 months of usage on it assuming letter size was printed. The reality is likely that it was all oversize which would represent double the wear.

Xerox can still sell you a used/demo 240/250 product that they could find with 200k on it that they have taken back from marketing company or somewhere that didn't use it for production, I would go that route.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back