Different programs same device same readings?

JasonM

Has anyone done any testing to see is multiple programs using the same device and same test chart come up with the same readings; say Color Port compared to Profile Maker? I have no real reason why I am asking, just curious how they compare and if there is a difference.

readings that honour spectral data will give different LAB values depending on what intended light temperature and/or if you want to use "paper gray" in Profile maker and/or UV-cut simmulation (if you don't have uv filter).

readings that honour spectral data will give different LAB values depending on what intended light temperature and/or if you want to use "paper gray" in Profile maker and/or UV-cut simmulation (if you don't have uv filter).

Indeed the illuminant and observer choice will affect the resulting Lab values from a measurement device. All things equal there, the device's measurements should be identical but for the instruments own repeatability.

I'm not sure what you mean by reference to "paper gray". This is an option with either Lab or spectral data within ProfileMaker. And by "UV-cut simulation" are you referring to the correction for optical brighteners in ProfileMaker? I wouldn't refer to this a simulation of uv-cut as its essentially augmenting the profile, often in a manner quite dissimilar to uv-cut measurement. Both Paper Gray and Correction for OBs are effecting the perceptual intent only, and are really only relevant to the creation of the profile.

Yes I was refering to setting in profile maker. It was a long time since I used profile maker so I don't remember the exact terminoligy. I did interpret the original post to be concerned about creating profiles as it mentioned testing charts. Thank you for cleaning up my hasty remark :)

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back