Digital print estimating app

Okay there is apparently an issue on android OS with the # being contained in a var. 2.08 (android only version) is available on google play and i emailed you a new APK. Thank you for catching this!

You programmed it to insert "lb." whenever there was a "#" symbol. That was cool... until I tried #10 Envelopes. Now my email says "lb. Envelopes". LOL!

Is there a difference when selecting paper stock between flat sheet pricing & booklet pricing? That "#" sign problem shows up in booklet pricing, too.

More booklet testing, using 11x17 stock. Something doesn't make sense...

When I make a booklet with this stock, it should make a finished size of 8.5x11, right? So I chose 8.5x11 finished size, and use the same 11x17 stock for both cover & inside paper. I chose 8 pages (2 sheets) and 1000 quantity, and I got a real low price. I looked at what 2000 flat sheets of 11x17 printed 2 sided would compute, and it's actually a bit higher than what the booklet price was!

What's the thought process for this portion of the app? For me, I have to print my pages with a digital duplicator, then collate, fold, staple, trim - the price for a booklet should be higher than printing the individual sheets.

I went back and put in 11x17 for the finished size with 11x17 stock, and the price jumped up. Like I said, something doesn't make sense...

Hey Webhog,
Arg! I forgot to change the code for the booklet pricing as well. I was so happy i figured it out, i forgot! lol

Yes the finished size would be 8.5 x 11.

You will need to increase the upcharge amount to get the pricing where you need it for booklets. I just set base values and allow the user to adjust the user to adjust the amount the material cost is multiplied by in the "Up Charge" settings menu.

I tried to reproduce the pricing issue you had, but if i price 1000 8.5 x 11 full color 8 page booklets the price is the same as 2000 flat sheets. Please let me know if i misunderstand.

The booklet pricing assumes you are using a inline booklet maker. If you are creating booklets offline, the best process would probably be to set up and additional operation called "Booklet Making" and plug in your charge for the booklet making time.

If you set the booklet finished size to 11 x 17 and the price shot up, i got that too. It actually should return $0, because it multiplies one direction of the finished size by 2 and then figures the number out. I will try to get this patched ASAP.

Hope this helps!

Just emailed you an updated APK and the patch is now live on Google Play. Fixed a glitch that allowed the finished size to be larger than the sheet size (on booklet estimating), also fixed the email button on booklet (android only issue). Thanks for all your help Webhog!

Last edited:
Eric

FYI - You were right. When you gave me the refund, GooglePlay thinks I no longer have the app installed. It doesn't even look at my tablet.

I was going to write a review, but it says I must install the app first. This may be why you do not have other reviews.

:( man that stinks! I was afraid of that. I wish google play had a promo code feature like the App store.

If you would like to purchase again I wi will be glad to send you a refund via PayPal. Again I really appreciate all your help!

:( man that stinks! I was afraid of that. I wish google play had a promo code feature like the App store.

If you would like to purchase again I wi will be glad to send you a refund via PayPal. Again I really appreciate all your help!

Yes, I can re-purchase it. But instead of issuing it as a "refund", just send me the $9.99 directly through PayPal.

I'm not sure I follow... If you were producing a 8.5x11 book, a 4 page sig would be an 11x17. I'm trying to incorporate a way for the user to specify how many sigs are color and how many are black.

Basically you put in the number of pages n the app calculates how many sigs would be used, then plugs that number into color and specify black sigs as zero. If you adjust the amount of color sigs the black sigs are automatically filled in and vice versa. Make sense?

Do you have any suggestions?

I'm slow this morning... too much turkey. I'd need to try it on my tablet. But I'm sure it's a great idea for shops bigger than me.

So do you guys want me to update the app to this new book menu or leave the simple color select from the 2.0x version?

I was thinking this would be helpful to enable users to be more exact in booklet estimating, but if you guys prefer the simple selection I will keep it the same. Just let me know what u guys think. Thanks!

Hi smatros!

I am going to be posting a video showcasing the app over the next couple of weeks. Ill post it as soon as it's ready. Thanks for your interest!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back