Envelope Press Alternative

The Xante uses the Oki engine and tweaks it and brands it as a Xante. PSI has something similar, and now Oki is selling their unit as a production envelope printer.

Memjet has entered in the market with a compatible printer but I havent heard any comments from others yet.

Another shop I was talking to went out and picked up a cheap Epson 1100 with the bulk ink tanks and does all of their envelopes that way which I am considering. I dont do enough to justify getting a Xante at $17K or so. Yes you have to feed and babysit the Epson but we really only do 1K or under and most are around 500. I did 250 #10 with a mail merge and it wasnt that bad it went fairly quickly. I wouldnt want to run 5K and have to babysit and feed 5-10 at a time but 1K or under I can deal for now.

Sorry to hear that Don. But our experience was the same. Plan on stocking a lot of drums. My suggestion, Send It Back!! We did. Tell them either make it work or they can have it back. Good Luck.

Hi..I have been working in an offset envelope print shop for over 17 years. We just got a Xante Illumina Envelope press....highly desappointed, with the machine and most assuredly the help that corporate in Mobile, Alabama has provided.

is there any place for us to go to call and chat on how to resolve a problem other than put in new drums every other week?

please advise.....I could really use some support

regards,

Don Broudy
Jet Envelopes, Inc.

Jet in Barre Vt? In the same boat with Okidata/905DP. I am about to reach out to the Sates Attorney General of Vt. to see what rights I have. If you find out anything I would appreciate feed back also. I work with a shop up in Winooski Vt.

Knight Images

Jeff

HI, I recently wanted to buy an envelope press. I was looking at Xante. I called them to let them know I was ready. They have YET to call me back. Cash in hand. So I went with an OKIDATA 905DP.Through Performance Solutions In NY. It will run all envelopes, plus we run 18pt stock . Along with magnet stock. Had a couple of issues with support, but Mike C. has been excellent. Don't know cost yet as I am on first set of toners.
Hope this helps and Xante would work well with my boat. Heard Oki makes them all.........xante, psi and the Intec listed above sure looks one too. One other note the feeder on the oki is made by, I believe , Thiele. Seems very solid so far........in time I will check back in.

Thanks Jeff K

FOLLOW UP...........

NOT HAPPY . As stated above envelopes are ok, but w/ embossing. Yet when running 18pt as promised by person mentioned above .......there are register issues. And I have spoken with Tod, National sales rep at OKI, and still have not resolved issues. I have been dealing with this since FEB.
As far as I am concerned I was lied to about specs on machine. Was told it would run 24pt!!!!! If you want to buy have them put it on your production floor to test before you lay out 18 grand/905DP. If I know now what I do . I WOULD NOT BUY THIS UNIT. As the tech from Oki said that the fuser runs at a different speed than the transfer belt. So when the sheet gets to the fuser it is still in the cyan toner cart. So you WILL see problems, yet they say it is in spec. Problems are register and cyan lines in image. To give some credit they did put a new box/unit in . But same issues just slightly better. Still unacceptable to me anyway. BUYER BEWARE. If any wants to talk about this unit feel free to ask and I will share........

If anything changes I will update ASAP..................... written 6/8/2011

Good luck Jeff K

The solution presented to me from the people above was to purchase another fuser from XANTE as the run even thicker stock. So I was sold this machine that would run 24pt. And then they turned around and said this........see the circle.!.........#*%@*&^#!@&^$#!@!^%$#@!!!!!$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$!!!!!!!!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back