Fuji Xerox 700, best settings consistent printing.

iamtall

hi guys,

we have an in house Fuji xerox 700 that we use for all our digital printing.

i've never been overly happy with the print quality of the machine, lots of banding and patchy colours etc.

I've also noticed that one of the companies we use who also use an in house 700 get much better prints from their machine than we do.

we're using the Fiery RIP and they're not but i was wondering if there was a settings profile that everyone uses or if going through the colour profiling i've not set it to the best options?

i'm fairly new to digital printing and get a bit lost in the device settings colour profile set up etc ISO COATED & FULL OUTPUT GCR as default?

any advice on the machine and setup would be greatly appreciated.

If you have patchy places, it's usually due to the fuser not heating up enough. Try a setting for thicker stock for those problems. Coated stock tends to be touchier. The better the environment the Xerox is housed in, the better results. Climate control is a big help.

Banding is something for the techs to solve. Color profiles don't really solve those problems.

And some of these machines just have bad quirks even the techs can't solve. Call your Xerox tech and explain the banding. He may have to come in and replace something or tweak the software.

Hi There,

Select tools/setup.

Paper tray settings> Custom paper settings

Create a custom paper based on the stock properties i.e COLOTECH SRA3 250GSM

On line 6 there will be an adjustable option called "Adjust Image Transfer"

The lower the value the more charge is applied to the second BTR (Bias Transfer Roll)

You will need to experiment with the value that gives the best result for your stock.

To test, create a solid that you can see mottle on the current setting.

Re-submit the file to the machine using the stock name you have created and adjust the image transfer until the least amount of mottle or "patchiness" goes away.

If you need furhter help, please contact me. :)

hi guys,

we have an in house Fuji xerox 700 that we use for all our digital printing.

i've never been overly happy with the print quality of the machine, lots of banding and patchy colours etc.

I've also noticed that one of the companies we use who also use an in house 700 get much better prints from their machine than we do.

we're using the Fiery RIP and they're not but i was wondering if there was a settings profile that everyone uses or if going through the colour profiling i've not set it to the best options?

i'm fairly new to digital printing and get a bit lost in the device settings colour profile set up etc ISO COATED & FULL OUTPUT GCR as default?

any advice on the machine and setup would be greatly appreciated.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back