Help. There is no proofer icon to add to my workflow.

I'm running ApogeeX 2. For some reason I don't have a proofer icon to add to a workflow but I have the task processor in the system window.
When I open up the parameters resource nothing appears in the window. Maybe I'm missing some files or have corrupt files in the data store?

Can I re-install just the proofer software/driver to my Apogee system?

Last edited:
I have two ApogeeX 2 servers one is in bad shape and I thought I could use components from it to build up my second server. I copied some parameter files from the old server for the Sherpa 44 into the parameters folder of the second server. I'm not sure if this messed things up or not as I don't know when the proofer icon became unavailable to add to the workflow.

I have a generic proofer on the System overview window but the Parameter Sets Resource opens up with nothing in the window. Shouldn't I get a window with an Initial parameter set? I copied some of the parameter files from from the ApogeeDataStoreE of another server to my current server with the hopes of being able to get my proofer to print on all 7 inkjet heads instead of just 6. Can anyone help me here? Do I need to reinstall software?

From my old dusty chest:

Dye based versus Pigment based Sherpa’s
Problem
Each time I send something to the Sherpa 44m (7-color pigment) I get a "Command Error" on
the control panel of the Sherpa 44m.
Cause
A "Command Error" means that the Sherpa is driven by the wrong driver. This means that a
“normal” Sherpa44m Task Processor was installed. The Sherpa44m is a dye based device, while
the connected Proofer Device is a pigment based Engine.
Solution
Uninstall the Sherpa44m Proofer and install the 7C Sherpa44m instead.

Last edited:
Software Installation Question

Software Installation Question

Is there a way I can re-install just the proofer software/driver to my Apogee system?

Yes. But you need to remove update4, use the material of the original DVD (copied to HDD!), start installer, select the new one to install, remove the one you do not need, finally reinstall update4. Be careful, because it is not too hard to spoil the whole system. This is an early version. (The later ones are easier with Update Manager.)

So I suggest to find someone who is trained on the product and able to visit you.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back