Introduce yourself!

Hi there

I run a shop in chicago where we teach old style lithography - stones and plates- I love the physicality of printing- the feel of litho limestone and the quality of ink on paper- I've been doing this for over 30 years and I can't imagine doing anything else.

Be interesting to meet other print folks

New to this forum. We are a VERY small digital printing and mailing company started in 2005.
Strictly digital, Xerox 6060 and 7000AP plus Rena addressing machine. Look forward to educating
myself on a daily basis from the knowledge base out there.

Greetings All!

Have been involved in printing and pre-press for 20+ years.

Located in Mchigan and looking forward to sharing and learning information.

Chuck

Pevoje,
Your English is better than half the folks who write in this forum! Complete sentences, correct spelling; I can tell you even bother to re-read your writing before you post it. Most of the posts on here have terrible errors! (As a prepress person, this is something I pay attention to.) You have no worries!
_m

Hello everybody!

My name is Jason and I'm Supervisor of Digital Services at the Printing Services department of Memorial University of Newfoundland. We do just about everything except wide-format digital printing in-house with digital color and black-and-white machines, CTP, offset presses and extensive bindery services.

I started off about 15 years ago at a service bureau doing prepress, film output and digital print production, as well as wearing the IT manager's hat. After 10 years at that gig I was beset by a several month bout of, shall we say, "unexpected excess free time". I then spent three years as a systems analyst in the IT department of a daily newspaper. Now I am fortunate to be working with a university printing department, currently focused on implementing web-to-print and variable-data initiatives within the university community.

I'm looking forward to interacting with everyone, learning as much as I can from you and perhaps sharing some of my own knowledge.

J

The Real Newbie

The Real Newbie

Hi All,
My name is J Dunning,
I am the lab manager at Edge Imaging, we are a school photography Lab and are entering the print industry through the natural merge of technologies. I have close to 20 years experience in the photo industry print production side of things and have been lucky enough to have been young enough to learn both the tradition processing and digital processing of Images. As technology advances the line between a pro photo print production facility and a instant print shop have been completely blurred as much of the same (short run digital, wide format one off's) equipment can be found in both shops. When it comes to a volume photo print facility that has marketing material and other offset print material that can be created as direct marketing pieces and replace or compliment traditional offset pieces, the addition of a digital press to the lab was inevitable.

So here we go!
We have done our research and are jumping in with both feet.
I get to learn,play,grow with the technology and hope this forum helps.

The funny thing is my dad ran a print shop for 15 years...who knew?

On the personal side I would much rather be fishing...that is when the 18' 1977 Starcraft runabout isn't in the shop.

Introduction

Introduction

Hello fellow colleagues. My name is John.
I am the owner of a small print shop. We operate a Heidelberg DI Classic, Hamada C248 SF, and a Harris 29" press. We also have the additional supporting bindery equipment.
For prepress we are film based with a Scitex Dolev 450.
For digital equipment we operate a Docucolor 12 and an Epson 10000.

Okay for starters these are interesting times in which to operate a printing company. I have been in the printing industry from the time I was a sophomore in High School. Now, 25 years later, I'm doing the same thing but have caught a new fervor and passion to be the best we can, given the limited resources provided.

First. I'm looking at the addition of a B/W digital production machine. Specifically the KM 1050. Anyone have feedback on this machine?

Introduce Yourself

Introduce Yourself

Hi

I work for the Flint Group here in Brisbane, Australia. We moved here from the UK in 2006 and have not looked back. My background is litho pressroom (sheetfed,Heat set & News) from ink knives to kit but predominately inks and consumables.

I have been in the industry for 15 years, tried to escape a couple of times but now have ink in the blood so am resigned to life in print and loveing it!!

Hello everyone,

My name is Mark and I have been doing digital printing for about 4 years. I am currently working for an ad specialties company, opening up a digital print shop for them.
Glad I found this forum!

Hello,
as my user name says, my name is Johnston !
nice looking forum, found it by accident whilst researching info on Hexachrome

i work in Malaysia for Heidelberg as a Printing Instructor

hello everyone, am new to this forum and looking for interesting friends

happy.gif

Hello from London (UK)
I'm Roy, running Heidelberg SM52/4, Itek 3985/2 with Itek DPM2508 plastic plates, Harlequin rip just going to Momentum/Dynastrip/I-Trap next week, god help us.
Nearly 30 years, on and off, mostly small commercial shops, some KallKwik/Prontaprints, some inhouse, my own handpress Adana, and a year or so at Ordnance Survey learning map printing . . . we have one prepress guy, one pressman/platemaker (me), and a finisher . . . and a couple of little colour copier boxes upstairs. We are about to enter the modern world of workflowing, hot folding, 1-bit tiffing, pdf distillery; I need to learn this stuff as its probably me doing imposition, trapping and plating jobs. Please indulge any dumbness on my part . . . Cheers!!

Peter T. Pope
SF Bay Area

Great to be Here!

Starting out over twenty years ago (more like thirty) in the print biz I did bindery and delivery at a small shop in San Mateo, CA. Now I'm at the Wall Street Journal in Palo Alto running the CTP room with one other person. It's not the same as what I usually do, Prepress as an occupation, and Digital Art/3D animation as a passion. It's a great place to work though (as long as we still need newspapers).

Hi all

Hi all

Hi everyone

just a quick overview, i am a graphic design manager for a medium size print/design company based in essex.

Have been doing this role for around 15/16 years now, work with mac and pc's.
The main equipment i use here is var, G5 macs all networks to a CTP system via a Express Workflow RIP. Flat bed scanning Scitex 340 and other smaller scanners...

Well thats about it for now, maybe i can be of some help some time.

Simon
Unit504

Introduce yourself! - PrintPlanet.com

Introduce yourself! - PrintPlanet.com

I'm newbie eager to learn printing professional from The Netherlands, Amsterdam.

Print-of-demand and web-to-print is the main focus.

Hi everyone, I'm charlie and work at Motorsports Designs in High Point, NC. I've been working on large format digital inkjet printers since 2002 and have recently purchased our first UV flatbed printer. We're running Vutek 150, 3350, PV200+W, and some Mimaki JV3 160's. I'm getting the bug to learn more about what's out there and would like to connect with other people that have technical abilities and ideas. I look forward to contributing and hearing your thoughts!

Hello

Hello

My name is Trevor and I run www.modernprint.co.uk We are a family firm who have been printing in Pembrokeshire, West Wales for 49 years.

I started of working with my Dad when I was a kid cleaning the presses and generally making a nuisance of myself before working my way through every job in the firm, with I know run.

Hello All.

We are a distributor of paper products to the printing industry including heat transfer paper for desktop, wide format, sublimation, digital, screen and litho applications. And if that is not enough, we also offer P.O.P. sign, banner, poster board material sheeted or guillotine cut to your size. We have been in business for over 60 years and look forward to helping any of you with your projects, paper issues or just need some advice. Frankly, we have several employees that have been here before the color TV so if you want us to dig deep into the past for answers to your questions, we can.
Good luck and have fun!

Bill Rossi

AW Specialty Papers

Last edited:
Presstek Account Executive

Presstek Account Executive

Brad McDonald

Glad to be aboard>>>>>>>looking forward to paticipation on this forum

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back