Introduce yourself!

Introduce Yourself

Introduce Yourself

Hi Everyone,

I'm Joe Molnar, VP of Advertising + Business Development for a marketing company in OH. We are presently working on a comprehensive direct marketing program for a Fortune 100 company that includes elements of direct mail through file success metrics & analysis.

I've been on just about every side of the fence related to the industry. My experience includes design, production, variable data, sales, marketing, business development and writing. I've worked in prepress departments for printers and sales as well. I've worked for a global print sourcing company in a sales position. I had my own design/production firm for 6 years. I worked for Meadows Publishing Solutions selling one of the best variable data solutions in the market - DesignMerge Pro - and also worked with a number of channel partners such as Xerox, HP, Kodak and others.

Our company is currently using DesignMerge to provide a complete personalization and versioning solution to our main client. The breadth of creative capabilities, the flexibility of the solution and time-savings this PlugIn has given us is truly incredible.

So... enough about me.

See you all inside!

Joe Molnar

New to the site

New to the site

Hello All...what a great site...I have been with a representative with Xerox for over five years and if I may be of assistance to any of my friends in the North Carolina area please contact me...thanks!

Hi, My Names Ad, i'm a Mac operator at Colourscript, based in Canning Town, London, England. The companies been going for about 20 years now, used to just be repro but now have moved into printing. We have a 6 colour B1 Heidelberg, and a Screen platerite 8600E platesetter. We used to use Agfa Apogee X CTP but have now moved over to Trueflow SE and processorless Fuji Pro T plates. We also have Epson 9880 Hi res Proofers and Agfa Sherper 2 low res.

Only been doing this for a couple of years so probably be seeking plenty of help :)

Ad

Hello Everyone. My name is Steve. I have been in the printing business since 1975. Started in the union back then ALA Local One in NYC as a photographer then scanner operator. Left the union in 1989 and went into Color Management and Customer Service. I have been at the same shop Four Star Color in NJ for 20 years now as the Color Manager and QC manager currently. Look forward to being here.

Steve C.

New Iowa Printer

New Iowa Printer

:DGood morning all: I'm Michael in Washington, Iowa. I've been a hobby letterpress printer for going on 3 years now and am branching into offset via an AB Dick 360CD with poly plates burned on an HP5000. Press is functional and have some success but many newbie problems, as to be expected. I look forward to getting to know you all better and reading the informative posts. Thanks. Michael:D:D

Hi all,
i am a commercial offset printer based near New Delhi in India.
I am also an offset printing machine dealer. We run on Akiyamas an KBAs.
I just imported a machine from UK ( AKiyama BT528).
I would like to thank the administrator and the people who are associated with this website.

Great Job..! I am quite young( 25, Male). So i am looking forward to gather some vital aspects regarding printing.
My regards to all..

Thanks

My name is David, I live in Atlanta and have been in printing since 2002.
I went to ASU and Clemson earning printing degrees from both (B.S., M.S.) respectively.
Recently the shop I had worked at since 2007 closed after being in business just shy of 40 years.
This website has an interesting mix of information and opinion, I am glad I found it.

saying more....

saying more....

Could you try to be more specified??

I work for a direct mail company. We print, insert and mail 5.5' X 8.5 " coupons.
The majority of our presses are 6 unit Diddes (DG175), roll to sheet. Short runs averaging 14,000 imp per set up. We have 2 UV presses that are Magnums with the same foot print as the diddes (4 over 2). We use polyester plates on both UV and cold set with pretty good success. I come from a newspaper background (20 yrs at OCR!) running doublewide Goss Metro and Headliner offsets. I have a great understanding of ink and water balance but the diddes are a piece of work. If there is a specific forum for me I would love to hang out there.
Thanks for getting me to say more Sherry!

Hi!
My name is Milan and i'm from Serbia.
I have been working for 5 years in a Italian company Zannini East which
operates in Serbia. Companies prime function is producing packaging for pharmaceutical
industry. I work as a prepress tehnician, preparing jobs for offset printing (folding boxes,
leaflets) and jobs for flexo printing of labels. Also, I have been working with digital prepress
in another company, before i came to Zannini.
So, i love my job and i love to learn, always eager to see or hear something new.
I hope i will find answers to my question here and hope i'll be able to give some back,
in fields i have experiance with. :)

p.s. sorry if my english sucks but this is the best i can do right now

find you here

find you here

Hi all ; My name is Mike and I have been in printing since 1972, as a pressman for 18 years , then sold ink for a short time and was a partner in a Commercial printer. I currently am V.P. of Operations for Color Ink in Sussex WI. We are a commercial printer that has UV ,Conventional, Digital,and soon to have Wide format UV flatbed capabilities with somewhere around 30mm in sales.

Mike

Hi Mike,

Glad to find you here. I remember you once sent email to my email [email protected], right? Thanks for your contact.

REgards,

sherry

Hi, my name is Lenny and I'm a consultant in flexo printing and prepress.
Just came across this forum and regret not to have seen it before! it's just great.
bye
L

Hi everyone. My name is Shane, and Im a Production Manager at Aladdin Graphics in Charlotte , NC. We offer full service printing from large format Heidelbergs to digital printing, with a full service bindery and pre-press to boot.
I ran Heidelberg sheet-fed presses for 14 years before getting into management.

Away from work, I love motorcycle road racing, drag racing, playing drums, and martial arts.

I´m Lars from Merkur-Trykk AS in Oslo, Norway. Educated printer, now working with prepress. Colormanagement, IT, CtP, optimize workflows.....

As of May 2009:
DTP
Prepress (Agfa Apogee, ORIS Colortuner, SCREEN CtP´s)
Press (Heidelberg 102´s)
Postpress (Heidelberg, Polar)

Cultech, Edison, NJ

Cultech, Edison, NJ

Hi Luigi1, I feel for you, i worked for Cultech and i wish you luck!
There are some real SCUMBAGS you have to work with, watch
your back, sooner or later the knife will be in your Back! Good Luck.

Dear All
My name is Phillip Maswanise, from Hunyani Printopak Zimbabwe.I have been with in the printing industry for 10 years.We have had a serious drawbacks, in terms of technological advancement due to the prohibitive economic situation, it has been difficult to invest in new machinery.Currently we have a Roland 800,600,Speedmasters SM74-5,4 & 2.Prepres is is film to plate.
So we are a long way behind, we just try to keep abreast of what is happening.
Thanks

Hey all - Just found this great site.

I'm a Prepress Manager in NW Arkansas for a smallish print company.

I'm off to surf this site's large bank of info!

Ron

My name is Dave.

I have been a pressman in the Phoenix area off and on for around 30 years. I currently work for a small shop where I do both the printing and binding.
These forums are great. I don't care how long youv'e been doing this something can allways come up that you have never seen before. THe more people you can bounce it off of the better.

Hobbies; Hunting, Fishing, Electronics and Pyrotechnics

Children; 2
Daughter in high school and son is a U.S. Marine

New member...Hello!

New member...Hello!

My name is Patrick.

Started in the printing business for an offset sheet fed company in the late 70's in the bindery and worked into the darkroom making negs, stripping and burning metal plates. After six years, started up a small offset shop with a partner (my brother...go figure) and ran it for ten years. He did not want to grow this business the way that I wanted to. I could not see doing anything without employing, training and growing able bodies to make this grow but he was comfortable without willing to make the gamble sp I sold out to him.

Got a job starting in a warehouse for a young company that specialized in service contracts and replacement parts for flexographic printing equipment.

After seventeen years, moved from inspector to warehouse manager to customer service to sales to sales manager and finally operations manager. Pretty cool stuff.

Ar AAA Press International, we broker used equipment, manufacture UV curing systems, supply a wide variety of OEM items like corona treaters, rewind tables, webvac systems, etc. We also provide pressroom consumables.

I have the opportunity of dealing directly and assisting customers literally around the globe. Whether Canada, Mexico, Central America, South America, South Africa, England, Ireland Germany, Russia, China, Thailand, Korea, Japan, etc. it is pretty neat knowing that you are able to assist people in getting optimum results whether they buy our product or not. I even send them to sources and competitors in order to ensure they are able to get the results they need.

On the whole, I have really gained insight into many processes of this media and really think that the people I have come to work with on any level do have the finest intentions of putting out the best possible. I have had opportunities at trade shows, giving presentations and shop visitations at numerous plants and OEMs to learn this racket. It is not rocket science and quite simplistic. If you allow yourself to understand that the progression of this media is really developed out of the need of the end user.

The economy has been brutal to you all and your customers and I am sure to guess your companies are like mine and have cut back. I have had meeetings with our ownership as early as last November and we agreed to reduce one day without pay to our staff. This was beneficial to ensuring no one would get laid off and still maintain benefits 100%.

I also have been working with our materials management to talk to our vendors about getting a reduction of prices with our long-term commitment to increased purchased items on blanket releases from each of them and offer lower pricing to our customers.

Seeing an opportunity to purchase an AB Dick 360 CD press at an unheard of price, I bought it and put it in my garage. Did a little more reading on CTP and picked up an HP5100 at another unreal price. I will start-up a small sideline business to assist my daughters (one in college, the other a sophmore in high school) with what will be required.

I have been married 22 years this September, coach girls high school feeder basketball, like bowling, hiking with my dog, read fiction and non-fiction, love to cook and have a penchant for a variety of beers, wine and of course, the finest beverage on this planet...Jack Daniels.

Thanks for having me.

Hi
My name is Andre.
I own a Retail Signage Solution company in South Africa.
We use MAC platform and have 2 large format printers.
I am currently in the process of starting a Web 2 Print copy shop and photo shop.

Any advice is welcome.

Can anyone comment on Xerox DC252 versus Konica Minolta Bizhub 451

Thanks

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back